22

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     INVITATIONS HAD BEEN SENT out by the madrigal family. and that's when you know that it was serious business.

     almost everyone in town knew about the shapeshifter's upcoming birthday, with mirabel's not far behind. however, camilo's party came first of course.

"ay, let me help you with that, princesa!", camilo offered, as he spotted felicia from across town, carrying two bags of flour and coffee beans.

     "camilo, you don't have to help me if you're already preoccupied", felicia stated, noticing that the mother was still tiredly holding her crying child.

     "well...well could you wait for me?? I'll be back real quick!", camilo promised, to which felicia had nodded, allowing her arms to take a short break by setting down the bags.

     the sixteen year-old watched as camilo shape-shifted into the child's father, allowing the woman to take a break, as camilo rocked the baby to sleep. according to the woman, her infant dearly missed his dad, who didn't come home until after work.

     "he'd make a great father someday...", the diaz muttered to herself with a petite smile.

     recently, felicia has been working on her present for camilo, meaning that she didn't have much time to spend with the boy, as she had to keep her gift a surprise.

     "okay! I'm ready to help now!", camilo huffed, as he jogged over to the sixteen year-old, picking up the bags immediately.

     "camilo, you really don't have to overexert yourself. I know you spend every morning taking care of the kids at church, and you end up spending the majority of your afternoons helping the rest of the villag—"

"relax, princesa~ helping everyone in encanto is just a part of my duty. and plus, since I'm turning sixteen soon, I'll have to take on more responsibilities", camilo grinned.

     "more responsibilities?? camilo, you're only sixteen", felicia reminded.

     "yeah, and at sixteen, my tía julieta was already giving out arepas by herself. my tío bruno was going over to people's houses to read prophecies. and mi mamá was casting rain upon the crops and using the sun above her head to dry people's laundries!"

     "well...I just don't want you to tire yourself out. that's all", felicia mumbled.

     "I'll be fine, felicia", camilo responded, "though on the days that I'm not...I have you to confide in, right?"