6

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

     IT WAS A NO BRAINER that camilo had picked dare once again, but what had surprised the boy was the fact that the journal was a bit thicker than usual.

hurrying towards the corner of the library that had a comfortable beanbag and a curtain for those who wished to read alone without others seeing, camilo had plopped onto the seat, prying open the notebook.

     inside, not only did he find the usual message from the mysterious girl, but clamped in between the pages was a neatly folded piece of fabric.

     "what the hell?", the fifteen year-old muttered to himself, unfolding the square cloth that was silky soft, revealing it to be a handkerchief.

looking more closely, a green chameleon had been sewed onto the bottom right corner of the hanky.

'dear camaleón,

from your previous message, it seems to me that you're more of the mischievous, life-of-the-party type of boy.

so for your dare this time round, you're to head to the amaro's embroidery shop and attempt to sew a butterfly of your desired color'.

"pft! sewing's easy! if mirabel can do it, then so can I!", camilo haughtily proclaimed.

'sewing's not as easy as you may think', felicia had wrote, causing camilo to frown.

'and to heighten your motivation, I have decided to give you an incentive. if I approve of your finished product, I will allow you to give me a dare next round'.

at that paragraph, the middle madrigal had widely grinned, feeling a wave of determination bubble from his pit of his heart.

     'best of luck, camaleón — three days time.

     signed by mariposa'.

     slamming the journal shut, camilo had held up the handkerchief with his right hand and dangled it in front of his overconfident expression.

"I'll be sewing the best butterfly that you'll ever see. just you wait, mariposa!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

valentina was much less to say shocked at the fact that the camilo madrigal had arrived in front of her parents' shop after his morning shift of babysitting.