CHAPTER 1 - I WANT TO ESCAPE

July 22 2021

This morning starts everyday as usual. Really boring in my small condominium preparing for classes in my college. Today is hot because my air conditioner is currently dripping. So I decide to leave it off until I have it fixed. But crap... it's so hot today in July. I get up from my bed and prepare my own coffee, while I take a shower after. Washing all over, especially my hair taking so much time to prepare.

I play a little (G)-IDLE in the shower and sing along to it. Not so amusing to be honest. I do it everyday; literally. My hair isn't fully dry yet, but I still bother to just dress in my small tacky uniform. The pants I wear feel very uncomfortable, and I think I'm gaining a bit of weight for my shirt. Well, it is one of its smallest.
Today could be a troublesome day if you think about it. Outside is always noisy with the everyday school commute, and the annoying sound of the tandem motorcycles.
Days always feel like debt pinning me down, when I need my money to buy food as I can't cook, and I just take the tricycle. And I don't have money for anything else but bills. Wherever I walk never gets cooler with any air conditioner turned on.
And the stuff for school I have to carry myself, I have no upper body strength to do so. It always appears and seems like a struggle to do so. Growing up does suck many times I feel.
There isn't really anywhere fun to enjoy in where I live. Some cluttered neighborhood in San Isidro in the Philippines; where it's just the crowded, busy, not so clean streets I always take.

It's just the breeze I get from the fresh air received from my ride. I arrive to class tiresome and bored. Nothing to expect, but just a dull mind, not really looking straight to the whiteboard.

You know. Like having my elbow on my desk. Everyday. And it's also today that my classroom's air-con isn't really working. Broken rather.

And there isn't really anyone to talk to either. I am the only one in my classroom that isn't in any clique, or group. That's what everyone else is doing in a noisy annoying chatter sound. Laughs, gossip, just those stuff as always. I'm not even close to any of them. I wouldn't even bother to converse more with them. Nor they'd do the same to me. I think too much on however I talk to them, it will always be tacky.

Many of my female colleagues looking even way prettier than me. With flawless skin, light hair complexions, and a better body shape. I'm just some short five flat girl, with not so light brown skin color, and an eccentric chin and jawline. And a figure skinny like a branch. I was even picked on those when I was younger. 

Even the times where I have my lectures. It's difficult for me to pay attention and look straight as I look other ways.

Maybe to my seat-mates... wondering "How the hell they pull off their looks well?" Teachers always all me out for not looking straight, or easily being a distraction to the class; without even tying to be. You can already tell that I'm not very well in my classes... but struggling always.

Lunch time, and even after classes, I don't have anyone to have in going after school. Maybe I'll just grab a street snack in a local cart... or canteen after school. And just head home. While looking off from the distance, everyone else who do take a visit to a mall, or a stroll in a park. With a dog, or family, or more others... that's lucky.

I sigh out loudly with so much problems in my head. Tiredly wanting a nap, and helplessly not knowing what to do. But maybe wonder if I could chat my friend. I still have friends at least... despite not talking to anyone. Two of them that I talk in messenger mostly. Alexa and Jillian. Jill in short form.

Whenever I want Alexa to ask me: "How are you?" I want to answer in my honest pessimistic reply. "I want to go to Japan! I hate my boring life here."