CHAPTER 19 - EMMA'S PLAN

The time is almost 7:30 PM. It feels different now as we Japanese read it as 19:30PM. I think it's okay if... "I'll go. I don't wanna keep too much of your time." I explain. But all three insist of me staying for much longer. "Have a sleepover here. Stop wasting money in hotels." Says Jill. "It's okay. I was able to get my pays, and I have enough money. Plus, Philippine hotels are much more cheap I found. Just as long as I don't stay in the luxury ones. They are probably the same price as our average hotel prices back in Japan."

"No. Sleep here. Emma will show you her room. And you can sleepover like little girls again." Says Alexa. I explain: "Emma just turned 20! I don't think I'll do. Thanks though."

But right before I leave, Emma grabs my wrist.

Telling me: "Matsuri-san. Before you go, do you have any plans tomorrow? I assume you visited many places here already. Are there any you haven't seen?" I answer: "For sure. Can you show me?" I tell her I already visited Makati and Pasay. She suggests for tomorrow: "I'll... take you to Bonifacio Global City. It's like New York. Maybe like Queens."

And so December 15, I won't have to take taxis and hotels. As Emma wants me to save money by staying in her house for a few nights. And it actually gives me a good view of what Filipino households'd be like. It's actually cool I must say. It feels very offering and nice provision. I had a cozy night staying in Emma's room, and I was given a good homemade breakfast. It's delicious. As well Emma's family will take me there by minivan. It's cool since we don't often have a lot of cars in Japan. I'm still pro-walking, but I like this.

I ask: "Is it far from here?" "No. Not really." As we finally arrive said in Emma's calling, I want to say that I could not be wowed in how much this complex has so many skyscrapers everywhere in each. Frankly, I was loving every place BGC has to offer. They have a lot of malls. Which could be tiring to mall hop. But I feel like there is no getting over.

I guess that's the point for Filipinos. There is non stop of mall visiting. SM Aura, Market Market, Uptown, and they even have Venice Grand Canal. Which is a mall that has a river canal like Venice. And has the gondolas even. We even take a look inside, and I found it so amazing. "I honestly love how bizarre your malls look." I visited and payed respects in the Manila American Cemetery and Memorial. It was interesting of how big this is. Showing how many graves there are from the World War 2.

And at night, Emma wants to show me BGC High Street. Which is said to be her favorite place there. In my honesty, when I lay eyes on it, I start falling in love with it as well. I could not believe Philippines also brought this here. I was frankly glad it's not a mall, but rather an outdoor shopping complex that is as well a long alley. In which it feels so recreational, like the definition of recreation.

And so walking along the full alley, Emma's parents what to get to know me better by basic information. Basically, my information stayed the same. Except, my favorite place to go which is now here. I like it here now. Emma's parents concern even if the walk back and forth felt too long. I said: "No worries. We do this all the time in Tokyo Japan. I do this everyday." Which makes them remind Emma that she should do this more often too. I laugh that I guess that's them. They're like my parents as well.

And after doing so, I let Emma choose what to have for dinner tonight. She wants to have ramen. And so I have her lead the way.

As while I take some ramen broth here again in the Philippines, I see it as a surprise they have many of those here. I thought they wouldn't. Emma replies: "Like I said. We are fans of your cuisine."