CHAPTER 12 - MATSURI'S OTHER FRIENDS

UENO

    Later this evening, Matsuri will promise to bring over her other type of friends to be with. She says they're the ones more shy. As she is taking both of us together to... Ueno Park in Taito-ku. The place near Asakusa. The sky is not completely dark, but the sun is already setting near 17:00 PM. It's still mid 16:00 PM, but I think now is the best time to go. I'm very nervous to go actually. It's just the thought about they are harder to be friends with, I made up thousands of judgmental thoughts and weary nervous thoughts in my head. I don't know why even. I know I shouldn't ever do that as it feels stupid to do. So I take my deep deep breaths in the train, and start counting down five to one. As I arrive in Ueno, I take my last deep breath exiting the train. Hoping that all thoughts holding me back are lost. It feels scary to meet them, and I don't know why. I still hope that they are nice people at least.

    And outside JR Ueno station, I've flown down nervousness even, when I clearly saw Matsuri waving her hand up to me. Her other group of friends are just right there with her. And they actually look so much cooler, I thought. I still take my steps to them slowly. Wanting to make a good impression. But I knew I shouldn't worry about it. My approach is to Matsuri first because I'm still shy. She could still stand by me... when I'm introduced to each. Like a side I've noticed having at adventure in Japan.

  Her other group of friends are not from Shibuya, but anywhere else in Japan. They meet often I assume, even in Shibuya. Her other friends consists of two boys and four girls.

   Yoshioka Tsuneo. I actually find him very cute like an idol. His casual warm clothes look almost formal in black or gray. I was nervous, but we were able to say hi and handshake. 

   Matsuda Hibiki. He looks cute with the bit of curly hair and round glasses. He wears a large hoodie with his hands under his sleeves. That's where I handshake. I still should keep formal in greetings.

   If I remember, that's Nobutani Hiromi. It looks like she isn't wearing her glasses but Matsuda. She looks cute even without them. So her style looks very hip actually.

   Miyajima Tae. So she's wearing a leather jacket today, and slim jeans. And I'm actually jealous that she pulls off with those styles.

   Matsuri asks me if I did remember Nobutani and Miyajima from Miyashita Park the other day. I did.

   Tanaka Saeki. She really looks stylish in a mix of black and white fashion she would wear. Even her nails are patterned with black and white. I'm impressed she does that in style.

  Seeing them all, I'm very nervous still. But in a sense, I do feel kinda excited. Still hoping it won't be that bad. A new open adventure. I hate to say this, but I love how this opening entrance to the station is widely spacious. And just to our right, I thought it was a residential area, but it's one of the entrances/exits to Ueno Park. We start walking all together, and they all just look very cool with their style. It's actually not so crowded here in Ueno Park, but it's just right I feel. I feel excited to roam around Ueno Park now.

  With the help of Matsuri, I want to ask the other friends, "So what should we do here in Ueno Park?" In Japanese. They answer as well with Matsuri's help: "Just roam around here. Like... walk." I guess I could do that. I wouldn't mind talking to them, or not. They do talk to each other a lot, with Matsuri joint in a little bit of some of their talks. They are good with their own social settings, and laughters. People might think hearing it, I'm uncomfortable and pretending to be okay. Maybe I am, and I could be pressured to anting to talk to them. But I wouldn't wanna force myself into them.

   They would point out things here in Ueno Park, and go there to do its activity, like relax at a grass area, read written messages in tombs, or look at the statues and fountains here. I didn't know but Ueno Park has museums and buildings as such. At least they did consider tagging me along with them. Even for its bits. Maybe Matsuri elbows them to consider having me in those activities as well. I don't know but I would laugh. Looking around, Ueno park even has a five storied pagoda. It was huge actually.