~Chapter 9~

*Eric's POV*

I don't know where Ifond the power to walk away and leave her in the floor crying. But he did it again. The desire for sex. For wild an crazy fun. It was hurting her. I should controll the shades inside of me. But I can't that's why I'm leaving her? It hurts more than I can imagine, but I can't do that to her. At least she knows I love her. Or may not? I laid on my bed and my head was under pillow. Tears fell from my eyes. You're a monster Eric. She deserve someone better than you. She deserve the whole univers and you're just a asteroid. You're hirting her now, but she'll be better. Just try to avoid her, is you can.

***

I opened my eyes. Last night I fell alseep with those fucking thought. Why I thought it might work? She shouldn't know what I am. It was 7:34. For a quarter hour I should be at the pit. I changed my clothes and run to the pit. I greet Max and Tobias. Everyone was smiling. My face was filled in anger and boring like always but deep inside was hurting as hell. We're the master of our own destiny, but I didn't choose to be like this. I saw Uriah friends. Nycto wasn't there. After a few minutes she walked inside the caffeteria. She looked destroyed. You did it stupid. Her eyes were red. She was wearing a long black jumper and some jeans. She went and sat next to Uriah and put her head on his shoulder. She didn't greet no one just sniled at them. Uriah looked at her confusedly. She looked at me and notice I was staring. I took my eyes off. I should let her think about me at all. She's broken now, but she will find someone who will glue all the pieces I broke. And when that day will come, I would destroy myself.
"Go and call me Uriah and Nycto." Said Max.
"Can't someone else does it?" I didn't want to talk her.
"Move your ass Eric."
I went at Uriah. She wasn't looking at me. Uriah was just little angry.
"What do you want?"
"Max told me to tell you that he want you in his office now. Both of you." I looked at her. She stood up, looked at me for a second and left. I walked behind them. Max was at his office now.
We walked inside.
"Welcome." Said Max. "Please sit. Eric bring me the folder I was holding."
I went at his closet and took the folder. I gave him and sit on a chair next to him.
They were both sitting on the coach in front of Max's desk.
"Why you called us here?" Said Uriah.
"Okay." Said Max and opened the folder. "I've seen you both made a huge proggres. You're faster than others and stronger than others."
"What does that mean?" Said Uriah. Nycto wasn't talking at all. She looked lost in her thoughts, but she wasn't looking at me.
"That means that we need you to be leaders."
She raised her eyebrown.
"What kind of leaders?"
"At the begging just instructors as Tobia and Eric. You have to stay with everybody as they do. It wouldn't be a big change for you. You just will take bigger rooms." Said Max and laughed.
"So do you agree?"
Uriah looked at Nycto. She stood up her eyes from the ground and looked at Max.
"Nothing will change. Just our rooms, okay? I don't wanna be away my friends." She said with a strong voice yo let me understand she was okay. But her eyes didn't say the same.
"Yeah. That's all."
"Okay. We accept. " said Uriah.
"Nice to hear that. Welcome in our team." Said Max and stood up. "Now Eric will show you your new rooms."
"Goodbye." Said Uriah.

I open my hands in the direction of the door. They got out. I walked foward them. We walked at my holl. Uriah's room is next to me and Nycto's room is in front of me.
"There are only this two rooms. One is in front of my door and other is next to me. Pick one."
Uriah looked at her.
"I'll pick the one next to him." Said Uriah to Nycto.
"Okay" said she with a low voice.
"You can start fixing your rooms. You don't hve to take nothing from your old place. Maybe just the clothes. I have to go now. Hope you'll be good in your new rooms."
"Okay. Bye." Said Uriah.

I left the holl and went to Max's office
"They're okay." I said.
"Great. I'm happy they accepted." Said Max and left the office.
"Wait Max I need to talk to you."
Max stopped and looked at me.
"What's wrong Eric? Did youdo somwthing with some girl or what?"
"No it's not that." He said that because I always get into trouble of poking girls and having sex with them. In dauntless you can do everything, but leaders aren't allowed to do it with the ones who are new initiates. "I need to tell you something else."
"Go on.." Said Max.
I sat on the couch and he sat on his chair.
"I transfered in Dauntless in age 14. Maybe I was young then to understand but now I need to know the truth. I saw my name on folder, but there were no more information nor my last name."
"No one has last names here. Only their parents surnames." His face was serious.
"I know but I don't even have my larents name there."
"Okay maybe it's time for you to know something."
"I don't need something, I need to know all the truth."
"Okay." Said Max and took a photo from a drawer.
"This is a photo of me and Robert when we were young."
"Wait you knew him?" I took the photo on my hands and saw two little boys. They were wearing erudites clothes.
"We both grew up at erudites. He was my best friend. At age 16 we left to Dauntless. Robert was very brave, but very very smart. He fell in love with your monther who was an Erudite. They meet one night and that's the reason of your born. After that Erudite offers Robert to go with them. They needed his smartness. He first refuse. When he learnt your mom was pregnant he decided to go to Erudits, but there was some problems between Dauntless and Erudites that time so he couldn't move. They only talked with letters. The day you born Robert did everything and he finally come to your mom. He saw you. That didn't take to much because they saw Robert and brought back to Dauntless. I remember Robert said me that day 'I would so everything to be with my family.' I helped him, mixing the folders and then Robert got there in age 30. Erudite accepted him because they needed him. So you're born dauntless, but you grew up as an Erudite. After a few years I noticed something wrong with Robert. He bacame violen with your mother. I talked to him there and he said that something wrong was happening to him. He was afraid that maybe you could take his 'shades' that's what he called them and he asked me to do a favour. I couldn't move the folders so we had to kill a guy called Eric here to replace his photo with yours. That's how you entered in Dauntless. You adopted to fast because your skills were good as your father same as your smartness."
"So my father killed one for me to come here?" I was shocked. Not from the murder, from all this. "Max do you know how my mom died?"
He put his face inside his palms and took a deep breath.
"One year ago your dads demons went crazy. He couldn't controlled his self. That's why one night he ..he killed her. Yeah he regret after that, but everything was over. After that day Robert acted naturally. He said me that his demons calmed down and he felt better. He didn't know if they were away or the just got into someone else's body. I'm sorry Eric. You had to know that."
I was shocked. I put my face inside my hands. I couldn't...demons..shades...my mom. I stood up.
"Thanks ... for telling me this. I really appriciate it."
I got out of the room. He he killed her? This is too much.
I laid down on my bed and tears fell from my eyes. My face was filled with shockmess amd anger. He killed the most important person on his life.

***Flashback***

I remember, I remember what monster he was. One day maybe a month before I moved to Dauntless he took me to a dark place. I saw a boy there laying on a chair.
"Dad why you brought me here? What does he wants here? "
"Eric, you have to do something. It for your best." He handed me a gun. I took the gun. "Kill him." I got shocked.
"Dad I won't do that. Why? What did he do? I can't."
"Eric it's an order. If you want to save yourself."
"But I'm already save dad." He kicked me on my face. His eyes were angry..more than angry.
"Eric do it." I closed my eyes. I was afraid of him. I press the gun. I saw the man covered in blood. I threw the gun.
"I killed him. I'm a monster." I whisper. I was gasping. It was horrible.
"Now you're ready."

***End***

Thats what he did to me. That's why I'm such a cold person. But killing my mom...that was too much. I was gassping from anger. "He ...he's dead." I whisper. But does my shades are the same as his. I hope not. Anyway I have to stay away Nycto.

*

I went to library and searched for an encyclopedia of shades or demons. I found one called "Shades we own."
I opened it. I checked all the chapter until I saw. Shades passing throw parents to kids. I read it.

~SHADES
Shades are powerful and dangerous but sometimes they pass to other genes. How does shades go to your kids?
Well we don't pass our kids the same shade we have. The shades they own are the most "better" shades you own, but there a shade, you never used, who will pass to them. This "last shade" is very dangerous and you can't control it. At some people this shade are the passion for someone, the desire of sex or the traiting someone. It could never be a shade which consider murder only if the kids get this shade by itself. ...~

I stopped reading. So I own this shades?!