Chapter Seven: Meeting Mochi

I blinked at the puppy and gently put him down on the floor. Maybe the berries were hallucinogenic.

"Thank you Princess."

"What is happening?" I asked out loud. I pressed my palm to my forehead and looked around.

"Apologies for startling you. Allow me to introduce myself properly." Mochi bowed his front end and I watched in awe.

This was real.

"My name is Jimin. I am an elven soul guide. Your elven soul guide to be exact."

"How are you talking? Oh my god. My dog is talking to me." The voice chuckled.

"I'm not a dog, my true form is human like, however I appear in a form that is most pleasing to my counter part. In your case a cute puppy." He sat and I looked at him at his small curly tail wagged ferociously.

"Can you take other forms?" I felt insane talking to a dog as though it were human, but then again a few days ago, elves didn't exist either.

"Oh, right. Allow me." I shielded my eyes as the glowing light almost blinded me. I watched as the slender man appeared before me. He was beautiful. His plump lips parted as he smiled and his perfect teeth glistened in his mouth. His shoulder length black hair gently danced in the breeze. His slender, yet muscular, frame was perfectly proportioned.

"Hello Princess." He slowly dipped the top half of his body and bowed to me.

"Stop calling me Princess. My name is y/n." I instructed. He smiled once more, and I couldn't help noticing how his cute plump cheeks, even in human form, reminded me of Mochi.

"Apologies. It's how we spirit guides address our chosen soul." He explained.

"So you're not really a dog?" I felt dumb, but all of this was getting ridiculous. I felt like I had entered into Lord of the Rings and I was not fairing well. He chuckled, amused.

"No. We appear as a form that our chosen soul will find pleasing, until they are ready to accept us."

"Listen... Mochi... or Jimin was it?" He nodded, and I continued, "this is all a bit much. I just want to go home. I think you chose the wrong person to attach yourself to."

"Impossible. We would not have bonded together. Do you know why you always pick me up?" He asked. I frowned.

"Because I want to protect you... I thought you were my puppy."

"No." He stated flatly. "Because if I stray too far, your soul feels unsettled. It's the same reason you ran into the forest after me. You were specifically told never to set foot in these lands. You went against everything in your nature, because our bond told you to." He said. I scoffed slightly. I wasn't feeling to keen on this version of Mochi.

"Because, and I cannot stress this enough to you, you were my puppy and I love you." A playful smirk danced across his face.

"You're bonded to me." He insisted.

"YOU'RE MY DOG!" I glared at him. He was beginning to irritate me.

"Then explain why, if I were to disappear, you would never feel as full of life again." I shrugged. I wanted him to disappear right now.

"Do it. I dare you. I'll be fine."

"As you wish." He was still smirking and I watched as, before my eyes, he slowly dissipated into gold dust, and his body scattered into the night breeze.

I flopped down inside the hollow and folded my arms angrily. Mochi was kind of arrogant. I wasn't into that. Not only that...

"He's seen me change!" I felt incredibly violated and my blood felt like it would bubble out of my ears as anger washed over me.