Chapter Twenty Six: Calm

I sprawled out on the bank of the river. This was my favourite spot in the whole of Eldoria. It held only happy memories for me, and I cherished it.

Mochi was curled up next to me. I had renamed the second dog that Yoonjun had taken into the home. His new name was Dwaeji(a/n this means pig in Korean). It was because he snorted like a pig a lot and it made me giggle. 

"Hello sweetheart." Felix sat beside me and leaned down to kiss my forehead. Our bond had grown closer, and we very rarely spent time apart these days. Felix was a sweetheart underneath his defensive personality. I saw more and more of his soft side every day.

"Hello handsome." I sat up and moved closer to him. "How are you?" I asked. He placed his hand gently on my shoulders and smiled brightly at me. I couldn't help staring at him. How was he so perfect?

"I'm good. Did you sleep well?" I nodded and smiled back at him dreamily. I couldn't believe this was the same Felix who had offered excitedly to torture me a few months ago.

"I would ask you the same, but I know you went out scouting. When do you actually ever sleep Felix?" I enquired curiously. I had never seen him just lay down and go to sleep like a normal person. I wondered how he remained so youthful.

"I nap when I need to. Don't worry, I sleep a lot in the trees too. I find comfort there." He explained.

"I could offer you a different type of comfort if you wanted." I nudged him gently with my legs and he chuckled.

"That is a very tempting offer, but you know we can't. Your father would kill me." He said as he flicked his hair from his eyes.

"But when I was a human-" I began.

"And that's why your ex is going to be dead soon." He joked. I couldn't help giggling. I rested my head lightly on his shoulder and sighed. I could stay like this forever.

"So when you were dead, I bet you were glad to see Jimin, huh?" He asked quietly. He tossed a stone and the still water and it made a satisfying plopping sound as it sunk into the depths.

"Actually Felix... I have a confession to make." I lifted my head and frowned. I really wasn't sure how he would take this. I hugged my knees to my chest and rested my chin on them lightly.

"It's ok. I know." He said softly. I looked at him with my cheek still on my knees.

"Huh?" I asked quietly.

"Don't get me wrong. I was angry at first, and then I heard the rest of the conversation. I know why it happened and what it meant." I frowned and thought back to the previous night when Jimin and I had finally broached the awkward topic of our kiss.

"I'm so glad you're back Mochi." I cuddled into his side and he let out a long sigh.

"Me too. I thought we had lost again y/n. Not only that, the thought that you were dead..." He shuddered.

"Can we talk, about what happened between us?" I bit my lip and frowned. He placed his hand gently on my head.

"Of course." He said softly.

"You know I love you," I began.

"And I love you too." He replied with a small chuckle. His fingers were toying with my hair and it was so relaxing I could fall asleep right this second.