Chapter Fourteen: Felix

Felix's POV

She sent Jimin back to the Palace with the rest of the royals. Soon it was just her and I left. She slowly approached me, until she was mere inches from my grasp, and frowned at my face.

"Are you ok Lixy?" She asked quietly.

"Lixy?" I raised a skeptical eyebrow at her. Where had this nickname come from? More importantly, why did I like it?

"Sorry. It's something I came up with when I was talking to Jimin in bed the other night." She frowned slightly as she spoke and I couldn't help scoffing slightly. I realised he had an edge on me. He would always be closer to her than I could ever hope to be.

"Do you spend a lot of time conversing with your soul guide in your bed chamber?" I asked. This horrible feeling of rage was building inside me at the thought and I couldn't shake it.

"Yeah, he's such a good listener. Especially when he's a puppy. We've grown really close and our bond has deepened. I couldn't imagine my life without him." She spoke so fondly of him, I felt hopeless. Her beautiful face was bright and full of life as thoughts of him danced through her mind.

"It's nice to know you have someone you care so deeply about." I forced a smile, but she looked burdened as she gazed upon me.

"Don't you have someone like that Lixy?" She asked quietly.

"I thought maybe I would, but now I'm not so sure." I brushed some stray hairs from my face and forced my knee downwards.

"What are you doing dummy?" She asked as she giggled. That word. It stung. I hated when she called me that. I took a deep breath to calm myself, and recover from the insult.

"Princess y/n. Thank you for risking your life to save mine. I am indebted to you once more. I will serve you as your personal body guard. Even if that means sacrificing my life in place of yours." I bowed my head and experienced a new feeling.

A lump in my throat. It was followed by tears and I blinked hard. I heard them drip into the floor and tried to shake this terrible feeling in my gut. It was as thought everything inside me was trying to get out.

"Lixy." Her voice was soft, and as beautiful as her face. I saw her knees hit the floor and felt her arms around my shoulders. She squeezed me tightly and an excited rush of adrenaline coursed through every fibre of my being. I gently wrapped an arm around her and we sat, embracing one another for a few minutes.

"Thank you Princess." I mumbled.

"I told you, it's y/n. Please don't call me Princess. Also, no. Your life is not being sacrificed for me. You've saved me more than I've ever saved you Lixy. You owe me nothing. The only thing I want, is for us to become better friends." She spoke softly and I couldn't help smiling.

"You're already my best friend y/n." I said softly. She looked taken aback at my admission. It was true though. Nothing had ever interested me as much as the creature in front of me. I had always put my duty, and job above everything else.

"You're my best friend too Lixy." She returned my smile and gently took my hand. I watched as she held up her tiny pinky finger. "Promise me we'll be friends forever?" She requested. I nodded and she wrapped her finger around mine softly.

"What is this spell you just cast?" I asked as I stared at my hand. I had never participated in this kind of ritual before. She giggled at me.

"It's called a pinky promise. It's not a spell, just a promise you make with friends when you want to show them you mean something you say." She explained. I nodded as I hung from her every word.