Chapter Thirty Two: Power

Felix's POV

I didn't care what Jimin said to me. There was no justification in the world that would make the action she took, ok.

"Stupid Felix!" I said to myself as I kicked a large heavy rock across the dry path. It skidded across the floor and kicked up a satisfying trail of dust behind it. I pushed my hair from my face and decided I had finally had enough.

Tonight I was going after Yoonjun.

Then I could be done with this. The Princess could return to her home land and I could go back to living my peaceful uneventful life.

"Felix! Please!" Jimin was in my head.

"Get lost soul guide. Go and kiss the Princess again. It's obvious she wants everyone apart from me." I was so filled with anger, I thought I might burst. I had taken a brutal beating from my father after disobeying ancient royal rules and for what? For her to receive no ramifications and run around kissing anyone she saw fit.

"Ah Prince Felix. How are you today?" King Jeongin approached and I bowed deeply.

"I am well your highness, how are you? I trust all of your needs are being met?" I forced a bright smile and I could see him eyeing my face.

"Come. Walk with me." He said as he gestured for me to follow him. I nodded and began strolling with the King.

"I haven't seen you since you were knee high! Now look at you! You've grown into a fine handsome young man!" He stated. I smiled at his compliment.

"Thank you your highness, I must say you've aged nothing since I last saw you." He chuckled and we headed for the poppy fields. It was one of my favourite places to pass time on warm summer days. In amongst the flowers, listening to the bees and birds as they conducted their business.

"How are things? I imagine your father is under a tremendous amount of stress with the threat that lays at your door." I nodded slightly.

"It hasn't been made easier by the reappearance of Princess Kiara." I stated flatly. "Especially as she was found in the human realm, with no recollection of her previous life."

"Intriguing! How was she reawakened? Her father has told me all about her recent shenanigans and I have no doubt she is back on top form." He said fondly. I shrugged. I really didn't want to think or talk about her anymore. My soul had been wounded in a way that I wasn't sure it would recover.

"Yes. I guess so." I stated. He nodded knowingly as we began carefully manouvreing through the packed field. He gently ran the tip of his fingers over the fresh poppy buds, and as he did so, I was amazed. They began blossoming into the most brilliant shades of red I had ever seen.

"I can see you have a soft spot for her. I know about what happened." He said quietly. My face burned and I stared down. I was ashamed that I had abandoned any of my morals for the likes of her.

"It was a mistake. One I will never make again." I explained quietly.

"Mistakes are meant to teach us young one. I'm sure your father had his reasons for punishing you. But if she is worth it, it will all work out in the end." He said wisely.

"That's the problem." My voice cracked slightly. "I don't think she was." I stopped and pressed my fingers to my eyes. I was not about to cry over this. He stopped and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Young Prince, if you are meant to be together, there will be nothing in the world that can stop you. I'm sure whatever the reason for your hurt, there is a rational explanation behind it." He patted my shoulder and I nodded. I didn't know why my father found the King to be so annoying. Sure he was chatty and bubbly, but it was a refreshing change.

"Thank you your majesty." I rubbed my eyes and sniffed slightly.

"Prince Felix. I must admit, I brought you out here for a reason." He stated. I looked up at him quizzically.

"What is it your highness?" I asked quietly.

"You have powers. I know you haven't used them before but I want to open your eyes to the world of possibilities that lays in front of you." I raised an eyebrow. What was he talking about?

"What do you mean your highness?" My hand found my sword and I wrapped my fingers around the handle tightly. He chuckled.

"The four Kings have ancient sacred powers, and they are passed on to the next generation. You will come to find this out when you are King. Your father cannot awaken your powers. Just as I cannot awaken my sons powers, and King Han cannot awaken Prince Changbin's powers. Princess Kiara's powers were  awakened by your grandfather in her previous life. This is why her soul guide was able to unlock them."

This information was flooding into my head and it was all so confusing. He explained how different Kingdom's powers were passed on but how the King's had to work together.

It had been put in place to quash ancient fueds between the four Kingdom's and force harmony.

"So you see Felix. You are of the age where your powers should have already been revealed." I was in shock. Was this true? I thought my powers were already revealed.

"Is it gonna hurt?" I asked quietly.

"Probably. I'm very sorry for this." He reached out and his fingertips touched my forehead. Suddenly it felt like the universe had opened up inside me. I was floating in an array of colours and then I was falling into a deep pit. I gritted my teeth as burning pain spread throughout my body. Surely I wouldn't survive.

"Your Highness! Please! Stop!" I begged as the pain became so intense I thought my head may explode.

"I'm sorry Prince. Just, a, little, more!" He pressed his palm to my head and I yelled loudly.

Suddenly everything went dark. I remembered the feeling of his arms catching me as I fell. Then, I was gone.

Y/n's POV

I was still sat on my balcony. Consumed by despair. I had seen King Jeongin approach Felix, and he had looked at me and winked as they left. I couldn't believe the prophecy was forcing my hand like this. Did I really have to lose my whole life in order to save the world? First my home? Then my life? Now Felix?

"Y/n, it's getting late. Come inside." Jimin murmured. He squatted next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I shook my head. I didn't care if I froze to death. I couldn't even bring myself to stand.

"Jimin... He's never going to want me now." I stated softly. "We might as well tell the King's it doesn't matter. Our relationship is through." I looked up at him with the bitter stinging of tears in my eyes. He too looked solemn.

"It'll be ok y/n." He hugged me tightly and I rested my heavy head on his well toned arm. "I'm so sorry you're going through this. I will be here every step of the way." He promised. I nodded and wiped my nose with my arm.

I could have stayed like that forever, but suddenly a loud boom echoed across the Kingdom. I looked up and the seven colours of the spectrum had burst forth into the sky.

"Th-Thats where Felix and the King are!" Worry set in. I no longer cared if I was banned from seeing him. It was as though a bomb had gone off, and I heard the surprised gasps and screams of the citizens below. Was this Yoonjun?

I had to get there now.