Chapter Thirty Six: Yoonjun's Revenge

(A/N this chapter is dedicated to Lostprincess72 thank you for your kind comments. Honestly I needed it yesterday after a horrible day. You made me smile and nearly cry. Thank you.)

The banquet dragged on and the fire kingdom elves were actually very pleasant. The only awkward thing had been King Seungmin staring at me all night. I knew why and I tried to stay polite. He was very intimidating and I had been slightly afraid to even talk to him.

"You coming to bed?" Lix asked as he joined me on the balcony. His arms slowly snaked around my waist and he placed a gentle loving kiss on my neck. I couldn't help being reminded of all the times I had stood, at the other side of this forest, staring into the unknown.

"Try and stop me." I said quietly. He released me and took my hand gently. I couldn't believe we were finally allowed to be together. I was just about to turn and head into the bedroom with Lix, when I noticed something. It was faint at first, off in the distance too far for me to see.

But then it became obvious.

"M-Mochi." I said quietly. I heard Lix's footsteps stop and I knew he would be incredibly confused as to why I would want my soul guide here when we were about to spend our first night together.

"Huh?" He asked. He turned and his eyes fell upon the same devastation my eyes were seeing.

"JIMIN I NEED YOU NOW!" I shouted. The fear in my voice was audible and it took a split second for him to appear in front of me.

"Yah, I was sleepi-" He stopped when he saw. Without missing a beat he began transforming. Lix was running around gathering weapons, and we needed to warn someone, anyone about the horror that was upon us.

I jumped on the large Eagle, and Lix was right behind me. He handed me a sword and it felt weird in my hand. I had been training of course, but I had never needed one. Until now.

"Jimin, fly past all the King's quarters and wake them." I instructed. I knew he could communicate telepathically with anyone he chose to, and this would be the quickest way to get them up, and reacting to the situation.

"C-Chan!" Lix suddenly stated behind me. He pointed downwards and I could see him racing into the Palace. Good. The more people that we had helping the better.

"They're here!" I yelled as we were surrounded by fear fairies. They were clawing desperately at us, and trying to attack Jimin. Luckily he was stronger than the last time, and his claws ripped them to shreds with ease. Bright white arrows shot around us, and I could see the air Kingdom archers beginning their attack.

"Lix! He's going after the Eldridgian Oak!" It suddenly dawned on me.

That tree was the most ancient in the forest and the one that gave this kingdom life. It had ancient links back to the elven powers that everyone possessed.

Without it they were nothing.

"Drop me off, I'll get my horse and the others. Are you going to be able to defend from the air? I think we'll need the fire kingdom. It's the only way we're ever going to control those flames." Jimin descended and I felt the cold whip around me as his body left me.

"Lixy!" I called to him. He stopped and looked at me. "Be careful. I love you." He smiled and nodded at me.

"I love you too. Now go!" Jimin soared up into the night sky once more and I could smell the destruction coming from the forest. It reeked of death, and I knew we didn't have long to save this situation.

Jimin and I soared above the trees and began fighting with the vile torturous creatures Yoonjun had unleashed. I could hear and see the ruckus below, and we did everything we could to support. The fire was spreading rapidly, and I could see branches from the oak beginning to singe and almost ignite.

"Jimin, get the fire away from the oak!" I instructed. He descended slightly and began flapping his wings violently, trying to push the fire back in the direction it had come from. The big gusts carried through the forest and I could see trees all around us swaying in the heavy battering.

"Princess! I have a gift for you!" His voice rang out in the darkness and I would recognise it anywhere. Yoonjun was already at the oak tree. I pulled Jimin's feathers and he squawked angrily as he lifted up into the sky.

We narrowly missed being hit by the raging ball of fire he had just sent hurtling towards us. All bets were off.

I was done being his victim. I made Jimin land and jumped off of his back. I gripped the sword in my hands and glared at my ex.

"Haven't you had enough punishment yet? You know you can't win." I said with poison lacing every word as I spat them at him. He chuckled.

"Oh you see, that is where you're sorely mistaken. I have one mission here tonight. Once it's complete it doesn't matter if I live or die. All of you filthy elves will die." The evil glint in his eye told me he was serious and he began ferociously hurling balls of fire at the dazzling tree.

The water kingdom were doing their best to douse it, but Yoonjun was stronger than I ever imagined he would be. It was relentless and his army of dark, evil creatures were taking their toll.

"Where's the fire kingdom?!" I hissed at Chan as he killed a hell hound that was fixing to attack me.

"I don't know! We have to keep going. No matter what. Don't let him take the tree!" Chris instructed. Like I didn't know that already. I turned and began using my powers to try and defeat Yoonjun. If I could distract him long enough, we could win this.

"Y/n! Look out!" Felix launched his body at me and sent us both flying across the rough forest floor. He slammed into a tree and I rolled into a small bush. I stood and tried to wipe myself down. That had hurt.

"Lixy!" I quickly went to check on him and he struggled to stand. His body was littered with injuries and his face was covered in cuts and bruises.

"Are you ok?" He asked as he checked me over.

"The tree!" Chris' voice rang out and I turned. The sight that greeted me was the worst I had ever seen. The flames were already engulfing the trunk and the Eldorian elves were dropping like flies. I heard Yoonjun squeal with excitement and he clapped his hands happily. Then suddenly the fire stopped.

Well, it was lifted. All of the fire that had raged was lifted and forced into a ball in the sky.

The fire kingdom had finally arrived. I heard Yoonjun growl in frustration as he began launching fireballs off in random directions. I knew he would lose now.

Four Kingdom's United. It was the third part of the prophecy being realised. Lix dropped to his knees and gasped for air. I quickly knelt next to him and held him.

"L-Lixy?" I said, worry drifted through my voice and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"It's too late. The tree is done for." He collapsed next to me and suddenly it was like a calmness had come over me. I stood and my eyes fixed on Yoonjun.

He was going to pay. I ran at him with every bit of strength I had left. I drove my sword through his heart and shoved him to the floor. The necromancer was gone before his body hit the dirt.

The issue was, he had achieved his objective. The war may have been short, but the price was heavy, and the Earth kingdom now stood to lose everything.

-----------------

Jdkdifkfmfmf

YOONJUN IS FINALLY DEAD.

But he's kinda killed everyone else.

Thank you so much for reading.

Ilysm!