Chapter Twenty: Pretence

Y/n's POV

"Jimin..." I whispered as I watched the snow white bird fall from the sky. I wasn't sure why, but I felt urged to utter that name. It was familiar, and comforting. Watching the bird was like watching a part of my soul, freefalling to doom.

"We'll save you Princess. Stay strong." I wasn't sure where the soft voice had come from but it brought tears of sadness and joy to my eyes. I was yearning to rush outside and stop whatever was happening, but I knew I couldn't. I wasn't sure why, but I was certain my life would be in danger.

My eyes followed the small white bird and I watched as the weird cloaked creatures fly down and begin attacking the one who had broken his fall.

"Felix..." My eyes widened as realisation set in.

That was him. The literal man of my dreams. I would recognise his bright blonde hair and the gorgeous constellation of freckles that were littered across his face.

My dreams were not dreams. They were memories. I quickly darted to the bedroom as I heard Yoonjun slam the glass door loudly.

He mustn't find out I knew. Mochi ran into the room and cowered in his small bed. I was livid that he had even tried to hurt the defenseless puppy, but I had to play along. There was no telling what he would do if I didn't.

I closed my eyes tightly as he entered the room. My heart was racing and I had to try and slow it down. I needed to buy time to allow the elves to rally their army. Yoonjun had grown immensely strong, whilst my power was weakening with every day I spent here.

"You ok?" He kissed my cheek and it took every ounce of strength I had not to shudder in utter disgust as his lips touched my skin.

"Better now you're here." I murmured quietly. He laid down and wrapped his arms around me. I chewed the inside of my cheek nervously and allowed him to snuggle into me.

"Are you ok sweetie?" He practically purred into my ear. Every hair on my body stood on end in protest and I frowned. I knew I was stiff, but it was impossible for me to pretend I didn't despise him with every fibre of my being.

"I feel a little sick, could you get me some water please babe?" I asked quietly. "I think I may have eaten too much today." He chuckled and I felt the bed lift as he left. I took a deep breath and tried to calm my racing heart. I sat up and placed my feet on the floor.

"Mochi, come!" I called quietly. The puppy stood and cautiously made his way over to me. He sniffed my hand apptehensively and allowed me to gently pet him.

"Here you go babe." Yoonjun held the glass out to me and I took it. I forced a bright smile and thanked him. I stared down at the water, and I finally figured it out.

Every drink. Every meal. He was using dark magic to sap my powers. It was how he had gotten so strong. He laid back in bed and I placed the glass down on my nightstand. Mochi whined softly at me and I picked him up.

"Come on babe, you need some sleep. It'll make you feel better." Yoonjun said softly. Mochi growled as Yoonjun approached and I pretended to be shocked.

"What's gotten into you little one?" I asked as I tried to soothe the terrified dog. He was shaking in my arms and I held him protectively, away from Yoonjun.

"Maybe he's tired. He'll be ok tomorrow I'm sure." Yoonjun sounded totally unbothered, as I expected, and I accepted his explanation. I gently placed the puppy down and sent him back to his bed.

"I just need to use the bathroom. I'll be back in a minute babe. You get some rest, I know you'll be in the kitchen cooking all sorts of delicious meals for me tomorrow!" I did my best to sound excited and he chuckled.

"Don't be too long! You know I miss you when you're gone." He said softly. I giggled and stood slowly. My legs were shaky and unsure. I wanted nothing more than to grab the puppy and run into the forest.

Away from Yoonjun. Away from this place.

Into the protective embrace of my Jimin. Into My Prince's warm arms. I wanted to go home.

I locked myself in the bathroom and took stock of the situation. I was now stuck, with Yoonjun. How would I get out of here without him noticing? I ran my hands through my blonde hair and rubbed my face. I felt so defeated.

"Princess... Have you truly awakened?" It was Jimin. I couldn't have been more glad to hear his voice and to know he was safe. Tears sprang to my eyes. I had missed him immensely and I was so grateful I remembered him once more.

"Jimin-ssi, is that really you?" I asked into the dark void. An image of his perfect face appeared in my head. I felt like he was here. I wished I could reach out and grab him.

"Yes! Princess I am so glad to hear your voice. I thought he had taken you from us for good this time!" He exclaimed.

"Jimin... I don't have much time! Please stay safe. Is Felix OK? I love you. Don't come back. Yoonjun is too powerful!" I warned.

"Everyone is safe. I must come back. We have to save you. I can't explain, but you're the key to all of this!" He said urgently.

A loud bang dragged my from my conversation and back to reality. I jumped and stared at the flimsy wooden door where the sound had emanated from.

Bang.

"Oh Princess, come out and play." Yoonjun drew out the last word and I immediately felt nauseous. My heart lept into my throat and I recoiled until my body was pressed against the wall.

He knew.

"Princess! You must run! Get out of there before he kills you!" Jimin's voice was urgent. He could still hear what was happening, and was clearly reading my thoughts. I was trying my best to hide it from him, but I couldn't. Terror was coursing through my body and as much as I tried to fight it, I couldn't.

Bang.

I covered my ears and tried to calm myself.

"Come now Princess. We can pick up where we left off from. I know you don't have much magic left in you. Why not just submit to me?" His voice was menacing and I knew if I willingly went with him, I would be dead.

Bang.

One thing was for sure, he was stronger than me. I was too weak to fight this.

Bang.

Jimin's POV

"Jimin! What do I do?! I'm so scared and weak I won't be able to fight him!" Her voice was filled with worry and I wished I was there to protect her. To hold her and shield her from this evil that had been reborn into our world.

"Princess. Hold out till morning, we're coming. Just stay safe and don't let him near you. I will send you all the strength I have left." I replied quickly. I hoped my words would provide some semblance of comfort. But I knew they wouldn't.

"No! You can't! You'll die!" She protested loudly.

"I will be fine. Your life is far more important. The Air Elves are ready for war. Stay strong." I instructed calmly.

"Jimin-ssi! Please! Don't do this! I love you! I can't live without you!"

"Yes you can. I love you too y/n. We will meet again. I promise." I waited. No reply came. I could sense her fear, followed by excruciating pain.

He had gotten to her.

"Felix! She's in danger. Tell the King's. I'm going to give my life to save hers. You must save her!" I didn't even hear his protests.

I focused my entire being on mustering every little bit of strength I had left. I yelled as I felt it leaving my body and shooting through the darkened woods.

This was OK. I was ready to die.

Anything to save the Princess.