Chapter 30 Expect the unexpected

Thanks for your likes SwatiBose7

"Are you high, James?" I ask and rub my temples fiercely because I know how he is dead serious right now.

He doesn't answer me and just walks and sits on the couch with a huff, that's when I take in his appearance as well, he looked very disheveled, eye bags that are as deep like oceans.

"Emma, I have a plan it might sound so ridiculous but can you please listen to it." He asks with pure despair in his voice. I nod and sit in front of him, he looks shocked cause he was expecting some snarky comment.

But I was too done and desperate at this moment, he gulps down and says, "What if we get married but not get married?" He pauses and I look at him more confused. I feel like my headache has gotten worsen now.

"See, lets just pretend like we get married in front of them in meet. Let's keep like two other people like for witness and we don't need to have a proper priest, we will get one of them to act as our officiator. Your friend Emily is a lawyer right? She could be one for us. I will have Sam, actually he is a government official as well. I think he can do for us." He starts rambling and I couldn't control my laugh at how cute he looks flustered.

He stops and looks at me weirdly, "Sorry, but you looked to cute." As those words leave my mouth I close my mouth and look down in pure embarrassment.

He just smiles and says, "Can I take it that you are okay with this plan?"

"Yes James, to be honest it is the best option for us available to us. Because even though we are cheating our family, but I guess they should have seen this coming. I mean this is literally the 21st century and they are treating us like bunch of old minded people. Also I think we need just one of them to simply act, though its easy to get it online the license to officiate wedding. But I mean the main reason why we are going through this, is to reduce the paperwork right?" I say and smile at him.

He looks super impressed and surprised, he pauses collecting his thoughts and says, "Firstly bravo Emma, I didn't know we could have an actual adult conversation. This is itself a big success. Secondly, yes, hate paperwork, plus we have to go through the whole hassle of getting lawyers for divorce and shit like that. So what do you say, we will get married tomorrow?"

Ok, that's way to early, but thinking about grandma's condition I think its the best to do it as soon as possible. Plus I can finally get over the nagging from my mom and actually get into a normal routine, with this pandemic everything seems haphazard, but this is surely not going to be an easy journey. I am getting int a relationship, that is being formed in pure form of cheat, breaking trust and promises. But that's what life is right?

"Fuck yeah lets do it!" I slam my fists on the cushion and look at him as if I have agreed to go for a fight. He moves back at my outburst but with a small smile he nods his head and gets up and leaves.

****
"Thank god I got the dress like a week back from the boutique. I hope I will fit into it!" I tell to Emma as she nods her head mindlessly and is busy talking to the florist.

I look myself at the mirror as I keep the dress which is in a transparent cloth cover over my pajamas and just pray to god it should fit right. With the pandemic and the hospital being flooded with patients left and right, I did thought I would have lost some weight. But thanks to my beautiful metabolism, it seems like I have put on some stress weight rather than losing them.