Chapter 24 First impression

saunzer & AjaBarham Thank you so much for your votes!

That's Sam, above.
————————————————————

I think, I made a bad decision. I shouldn't go to his house. But I think it's too late, cause James's butler opens the door.

"Hello ma'am! Sir is waiting for you in the living room. May I take your coat?"

Hearing the pleasant tone of the butler, my racing heart slows a bit. Shrugging my coat as elegantly as possible.

I walk towards the room with my head held high. As I near, I can hear two loud booming laughter.

That throws me off a little and now I am standing in front of them having my hand pressed against my heart. The worse part is both of them have halted their laughter and are looking at me straight.

My eyes find James first, I am shocked is an understatement to what I am feeling right now. He is in a casual blue jean jacket and Levi's pants. He looks so normal?

I can also see him and his best friend looking me from up to down. Surprisingly, both of them are warm glances. But, the best part is James is also shocked looking at me.

The thing is as I said earlier, I wanted this evening to be a little fun. I mean I have never ever worn a dress like this before in my life. But seeing this in the clothing store hanging so proudly. I couldn't help but buy it and wear it today.

Red is a color, I don't usually prefer to wear

Red is a color, I don't usually prefer to wear. Especially a dress with a low V cut, I feel very exposed. But at the same time, I am feeling confident as well. Still my arms and stomach is being shown out a little.

But for today, my aim is not to scrutinize but rather be free and make my fiancé cry a little. Is it too much to ask for?

"Hello guys! If you have both stopped gawking at me like hungry vultures, can I know what got you both so laughing when I got here?" I say in the most lowest tone with a hush. Maybe in my mind this is called a sexy voice. But outside it might be like some fork scrapping a plate.

"Oh please! I am sure you would have been used to people looking and appreciating your beauty all the time. We are not doing anything less. By the way I am Sam, this guy's best friend." He nudges James and stretches his hand out to me.

I walk forward and place my hand, I thought it was going to be a handshake. But he turns it and places a kiss on the back. Heat rushes to my face and I smile cheekily at him.

"Enough of this bullshit!" James screams and walks out of the room.

I look at him confusedly and turn to Sam, to see his reaction. But he shrugs his shoulders and mumbles "Men!"