Chapter 15 Are you kidding me?

After what feels like several years later, James is the first one to break their intense eye contact and look down at Adam's hand which is present happily on my waist.

I get a little uncomfortable under the glare of James. But the feeling of wiggling out of Adam's grip was a total out of question.

I clear my throat thinking it will magical powers to remove the tension of the room. All I get is a squeeze  from Adam and a squeal that follows it from me.

I can feel my face heating up and I look up to see James having a look of "constipated/ I am going to murder you" look. Not knowing what came over me, I say, "Hello James, didn't know you were planning to graze us with your presence."

Just to rub some salt, I turn towards Adam and place my head on his chest and look up to him and say, "Darling did I tell you we were going to have a company any time soon!"

God save me! I don't know in what intention I was doing all this. But James looked just strained and angry.

He was about to turn away and leave. When I hear a deep voice say, "Hey I am Adam! I don't think so we have met before?"

James halts and turns to give a cocky smile of his and say, "Oh yeah! Sorry I don't talk with people who.." And starts motioning him and he was about to say something stupid.

I intersected him and say, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Adam starts rubbing my shoulders in a consoling manner, but boy he was wrong that would stop me from pouncing on this guy who thinks he is a god sent gift!

I walk towards him and say in a low tone, "Leave the fuck out of my property or I will personally make sure you are thrown out!"

I could see his eyes darken and he starts clenching his teeth and leaves in a swift motion.

I huff out air and I feel a pair of arms encircle themselves around my waist. I lean towards his touch and close my eyes.

"So babe where were we..?"
I chuckle at her his eagerness and you know what happened after that!

****

I entangle myself from the sheets that were all over me. And to all the dirty minded readers I woke up alone. Fortunately or unfortunately nothing happened yesterday.

My train of thoughts come to a halt by the ting tone from my phone. I take my phone and my eyes fall on the damaged screen guard with lots of lines running here and there. I mentally keep a note to change my guard.

Then my eyes trail over the message:
"Hello beautiful! How about we..."

Suddenly another ping follows and the message reads: "My house at 7!"

Sadly these two messages are not from the same person.

I open the latter message and type: "Fuck off!"

Before I could open the former message and read it fully. I am rudely interrupted by another text from that idiot.

"Emma Thompson get this thing into your big head of yours it's important and family related!!"

Another message follows, "If you want to still play obscene words exchange game. I would gladly like to play with you! But I don't either have the time or..whatever your wish! I am out!"

I really feel like throwing my phone onto the ground! The sudden thought of strangling James's neck brings a evil smile on my face.

With that thought I enter my bathroom, after squeezing the paste onto my brush I see the mirror and start brushing my teeth.

I see a reddish coloration on my clavicle. The thoughts of last evening come gushing in my thoughts. Involuntary smile comes on my face.

Then out of nowhere a thought comes on my mind what if this is it! Adam is the one for me. But again thinking about my grandma and her condition the pact and all the jazz, I wash my brush and place my hands on the counter looking at my paste filled mouth and bed hair.

After washing myself and a good bath of 30 minutes. I change into black pants and navy blue dressy top. Sliding my feet into nude pumps and take my tan colored handbag. I go into my garage and start my Tesla.

Before I could select the song for the ride, I get a call from my dad. Millions of thoughts run my mind, I slide the call.

"Hello darling! How are you?"
I gulp down the invisible guilt and say, "All good dad! How about you? How's mom?"

He laughs and say, "Everything is fine here! I think you would have heard about a little get together in James's house?"

I nod my head and say "Hmm, yeah what about it! I have a surgery at that time." The lie rolls out of my mouth like a song.

I can sense my dad shaking his head and say, "Emma please try to come at-least for an hour! It's about your wedding!"

Suddenly goosebumps form all over my body and I say "What wedding? What are you talking about dad?"

"Emma darling, you know right you are going to get married in a month. Knowing your grandma......"

All the words that come from the other line slowly fades away and I start hearing ringing sounds in my ear.

I clutch my hands over the steering wheel and start taking deep breaths. After trying to calm myself down. I punch down the address that I thought I will never put again and start driving towards it.

********
Hello guys how are ya?
I am so sorry to Sanjeevani134 and all my other eagerly waiting readers. Left you guys like that. University is being a pain as usual.
Once again thank you all for reading!
Please vote and comment.
Your words mean a lot😊