Chapter 19 Media

I stand up and straighten my dress. Taking my phone and looking into it, I see a lot of messages and missed calls from Adam.

Shaking my head, I walk towards the door.

I push the door open to see Adam calmly sitting in the waiting room. Looking at his phone, then the watch and gives out a long sigh.

I start walking towards him and say, "Hey!"

I really wish it was more strongly said, but all I heard was a squeaky hey.

He looked up, that's when I see his red eyes and before I could say anything he stands up and engulfs me.

Not knowing what to do I encircle my hands around him but I just stay there not moving and breathing.

As time passed by, I felt suffocated. I go on to pat him. Before which he moves back and the next thing I know I was being kissed.

It was very rough and angsty, not like our usual ones. I didn't know from where it was, not thinking much into it. I start kissing him back.

But after a while, we both come back to get some air. That's when I see some tear streaks on his face, I raise my hand and hold his face in my hands.

He leans into it and closes his eyes and whispers, "I love you!"

The moment he says these words, I withdraw my hands in a haste.

His face which was then in my hands is now hanging very sadly looking down.

Not knowing what to do, I start to hear my heartbeat ringing in my ears.

I say, "So, I know this amazing pasta place! Want to check that out?"

The way his head sprung up was very animated.

I don't know whether it was like that cause pasta is his favorite dish or that he just confessed to me for the first time and I said that.

Not knowing anything, I start walking towards outside. Looping my hand in his arms and drag him out of the hospital.

As we sit in the car, I was about to buckle in when he gets a call. Not minding it, I was about to start the car.

When he yells, "What the hell?"

I look at him and his face is red, I know that look on his face. He is angry! Like very angry.

I slowly turn to him, when he cuts the call and types furiously into the phone. Next moment he shoves the phone in front of my face.

Confused, I take it out of his hands to see.

"Emma and her boy toy!"
Just few minutes ago, in California State Hospital.

Emma the heir of Thompson business as well as a training surgeon, who is also engaged to be married to the handsome hunk, James Carter. Was allegedly seen with a man who is about 25, in California State Hospital. They seemed pretty cozy. Rumor in the crowd is that, the marriage is a business deal rather than out of love. For more juicy details , visit the main site: www.caligossiptea.com

I look up to see fuming Adam, the next thing I know he grabs his phone and leaves the car.

Before I could go out of the car, I see him get into the taxi and leaves.

I stand stranded in the middle of the parking, alone and paranoid.

***

"That's all? Any more queries Mrs. Cooper?"

"No doctor, thank you!" Mrs. Cooper says, but she looked like she wanted to ask something.

It was not a everyday kind of procedure, plus it's has a lot of risks. Liposuction is a optional surgery which is done to remove excess fat from the body.

Since she looked still a bit tensed I ask again, "Are you sure ma'am? You are well aware of the procedure?"

She nods her head and then takes her phone and starts typing something in it. I patiently wait, cause it's not new for patients to literally use google search to ask us questions that even is not asked in our clearing exams.

I smile and lay back on my seat when I see her giving me her phone and asking, "Doctor is that you in the news?"

Shaking my head and feeling a headache slowly eating me up, I look down knowing what's going to be in there.

I look up and say "Yes that's me, ok then if you don't have any more questions on the procedure. You can leave, nurse Maria would say you about the further details. Thank you!"

I stand up and walk towards the door opening it for her to leave.

She looks very embarrassed and her face being all red. She leaves with saying a sorry.

I roll my eyes and close the door and sit down on my desk.

I check the time to see it's past my shift. So I take my bag and leave.

As I was about to leave, I get a call from Devil😈 was so confused at first then it striked be he is calling me regarding the newspaper article maybe. I silent the phone and place it in my handbag and start walking towards the car park.

After hearing to some songs and the news in the radio. I reach my home, I type in the passcode , when I see my security literally walk in front of my car.

He waves his hand motioning me to stop the vehicle. So I press my breaks suddenly and jerk forward due to this action.

I walk out of the car angrily, when I see he looked like he was about to shit his pants.

Cooking myself down, I ask, "What's the matter Harold? Why is this sudden thought of dying?"

"Ma'am sorry about that but the thing is...."

"Harold whatever you are trying to say can you say it faster, I had a long day at work."

Before I could complete my sentence I hear a raspy voice talk, "Why are shouting at the poor guy, by the way your security sucks?"

**********
Hello guys!
Sorry, I will try to post more regularly from now on!
Don't forget to vote and comment!