Chapter 31 Happily ever after

Mafiaworm1967  Thank you for your likes❤️

"By the power vested upon me, I pronounce you man and wife, now you may kiss the bride." Emily tells as she bows down flapping her make shift robe.

I just stare at her blankly. That's when James cuts in and tells, "No I wish not to, ew cooties." He tells this with a straight face.

Unable to control our laughter, Emily, Sam and I start laughing like a pack of hyenas.

I sober up and say, "James, this is the only time you get the validation that you are a man. Be a man do it!" I once again start laughing but he simply rolls his eyes and takes a sip from his beer can.

For all those who are confused on what the hell is happening, we are just sitting around in my living room with beers and wine. Just talking about the final things and possible loop holes in our plan for tomorrow.

That's when Emily thought it would be a great idea to do a rehearsal, thus we are standing in front of the camera held by Sam, where James and I are acting like we are getting married with Emily officiating the wedding.

I remove the veil from my head and place it neatly on the table and plop onto the couch a little unladylike, James gives me a side eye and nods his head disapprovingly.

I just stick out my tongue and gulp down the wine glass. Sam who places down the camera, looks at our childish antics with a small smile.

Emily sighs and says, "God, I think I am the one with maximum work tomorrow, I am the maid of honor and the officiator. Sam, do you have any other job than being a pain in the ass and a pretty wallflower." She throws at him the pillow and gets comfortable on the couch.

Sam smirks and says, "Pretty huh?" Emily gets flustered by that but rolls her eyes.

I am a little concerned by their flirtatious bickering but who am I too blame. They both are like fire and ice, it will be so cute if they get together though.

James removes his coat and starts rolling up his sleeves. He looks very calm and though he is a little drunk cause his cheeks are light pink and he is giving out cute hiccups. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that I am going to be married, that too to him.

"Sam, you have the wedding bands right?"
James asks as he fills up his glass with ice and whiskey.

Sam hums in approval and continues typing on his phone.

"Do you have it now, can I see it?" I ask Sam.

"No you may not." James tells as he takes a sip.

Before I could respond, "Plus please buy some good whiskey next time around. This tastes like garbage."

I just ignored him and scroll the messages in our hospital group, thank universe I did two 48 hours shift last week. They granted me a one day holiday. Eventhough it's not worth it, I would atleast enjoy a day off after these countless late night shifts I had this past two weeks.

"Ok guys, the bride needs her beauty sleep. Adios amigos! Bonne noches!" I tell and go towards my room.

Emily shakes head and tells, "Don't worry guys, when Emma is just too tensed or excited her inner Spanish self comes out."

"Oh I didn't know that she had Spanish descent." Sam tells looking at James.

"Nah! She doesn't, actually she failed Spanish class in school. She just knows some phrases that she throws in here and there in conversations."