Chapter 4 Visiting the lion's den

I look down to see the sheer cover up do no justice in the hospital light. And also the fact that I flirted in front of my fiancé is another fact.
My mom shakes her head my dad just puts his head down and I can see the tired lines contouring his face just then, Emily enters and I tell her to fetch my normal clothes and I go towards my grandma who now slowly opens her eyes.
She takes away the mask though I tell her not too, after giving up she says "Emma my darling do it for your grandfather for me, their and my blessings will always be with you. I have promised my husband and I don't want to break it, though it hurts you and we should have said this before.  But we wanted you to get settled that's why both the families tried hard to always keep your names clear and not come in any gossip magazines." Her voice goes raspy and I take the nearby water bottle and lift her head to drink, she shakes her head and says "Please say yes at Kraft I want to see your marriage before I die.."
Before she could say anything else I tilt the glass and while she was drinking I turned to the family and said "Fine I will get married!"
I feel the tears falling endlessly from my eyes, I look up to my parents who have pained expression.
My grandma motions James to come closer and takes his hand and my hand and says "Man and wife!"
And smiles at us both. We look at each other and I can see he has a blank expression and I start crying more.
***
After taking a half hour break in the bathroom washing my face with old water and wear more decent and comfortable clothes I come out of the loo.
I am surprised by James casually leaning on the desk nearby and scrolling through his phone.
I go past him and he says "Emma we have to talk."
I turn to him and say "I am so tired Mr. Carter can we talk later, today has been just too much for me."
He nods his head and says "Ok that's fine, tomorrow lunch at Le Place, I will send you my driver. Let's talk there."
I shake my head and say "I have surgery at the afternoon what about in the evening?"
He nods his head and says "Then let's meet in any one of our houses. I don't want to give the media anything."
I nod my head and say "Your place?"
I just didn't want to entertain a guest at this moment so I see him nod his head and he leaves.
I go up to the doctor's room and sleep.
***
It's currently 5 o clock and I am in my house binge watching Brooklyn nine nine and eating ramen. I hear my phone go off, I see it's an unknown number and I say "Hello it's Emma how can I help you?"
"Hello to you too, I want you to get ready now and come to my place right now!"
"What the hell? Who are you? How did you get my number? I am going to call the cops you wait!"
I hear a talk-tsk "Emma is that the way you talk to your fiancé?"
"Fiancé who?" I was feeling the developing headache and start massaging my head.
"Emma it's me James, we talked yesterday?"
All the thoughts about yesterday come crashing down, I can feel my eyes involuntarily tearing up. I say "I will be there" and cut the phone.
I hear a ping and it read "This is my address!"
I shake my head and blame the 2 glasses of red wine I had as soon as I crashed home.
I get dressed in a loose green sweater and black ripped jeans. I put my hair in a high pony.
And I take my tesla over from the garage and put his address and play the music.
I arrived and it was no surprise to see a mansion. It was big as usual I have seen and been one from such a place. But this place was so cold and reeked loneliness. It was very dark and had a mordern architecture.
I nodded my head and entered the drive way. I can see the butler open my door and I hand my keys and say "Take care of my baby will you?"
He smiles and nods his head.
I go into the house which was already opened by the maid. I thanked her and entered it was as amazing it was outside. There was a huge chandelier hanging above and the color scheme was a classic bachelor pad.
But surely he has taste or that his interior is really good. I see the maid from earlier who says "Mr. Carter will join you in a few!"
I saw him ascending the stairs like a king he is in his casual attire but still looks like a eye candy.
I nod my head and he directs me to the living room.
It was a huge room with the colour scheme to be red and black. Looked classy but homely. I sat on the black long seat. He sits on the bean bag and asks "You want any drinks?"
I shake my head and he says "Water?"
I nod my head and say "Ok let's acknowledge the elephant in the room already."
I hear him mumble "That's what I am doing right?"
I glare at him and he raises his hands and says "Sorry, Ok I called you because I have to discuss something important to you."
I nod my head and motion him to say further.
He nods and says "I am bisexual. I think you know what that means. I won't cheat you for sure. But if you are up for an open marriage, I don't mind and please let me know if you have some lover boy around you now?"
I just stare at him open mouth. He looks at me blankly and says "Emma I asked you a question?"
I come out of my trance and say "No I don't and have never had any boyfriend."
"Ok that settles. Do you want to stay for the the dinner?"
I shake my head no.
He doesn't say anything else.
And I look up and say "No I am not up for an open marriage and if you want to be in, I am not up for this deal then!" I stand up and look at him.
He simply raises his beautifully arched eyebrows and says "I feel you didn't hear what I said. I told I am okay with it if you want it. Though I must say what should I expect from a woman who looks like you."
He motions his hand and I sneer at him and say "Mind your tongue, Mr. Carter. Words can't be taken away."

He shakes his head and says "There is no lying in what I said, I just stated a fact that you agreed upon."
I shake my head and contemplate my life with this beast and turn my head and away.
I close the car door and simply stare at the house thinking what my family has brought me into.
_______________________________
Hey guys,
Hope you liked this chapter
Vote and comment