Part 10- Twice Upon A Time: Cinderella

Josh's POV:

After the events that unfolded at college that day and it being a Friday, I thought it would be best if I just take my mind off the weird happenings for a few days.

I headed to the bar where I occasionally hung out. I wasn't too much of a drinker at all. At times, I'd just laze out in the bar and order nothing. Just the very atmosphere there always helped me to be relaxed for the time being.

"Booze? C'mon kid, it's not a pub. You can at least go for tequila." Lindsey, the redheaded bar-lady called out.

"Not in the mood, Lee", I quipped.

"When are you ever in the mood? Haven't slept much in days, have you? Studs your age might be losing sleep 'cause of getting laid. But then, I have known you such a long time, Virgin boy." she said.

"Sure you have", I replied. And I happened to remember the other stuff that had been occupying my mind too. I Googled up "Zamindar" and "Calcutta Conspiracy Case" on my cell phone. I was never gonna find time to use my laptop.

"Tell you what, Josh, if I were 10 or perhaps 20 years younger, I'd have so made out with you", Lindsey said.

"Uuhumm", I replied, without really paying attention to what she was saying.

"A severe blast on an underground railway station in one of Calcutta's leading metropolitan networks left as many as 457 dead, including 153 women and 39 children, as one of India's premier metropolitan cities reels from the aftermath of what is believed to be the biggest crime in the city's history. Police reports have suggested that it was the work of a group of anarchists, their criminal motives clearly unknown. The entire world seems concerned for Calcutta and India and stands in solidarity with the families of the innocent victims. The American President Barack O'Barner and the British Prime Minister Denson Cameron have joined hands with the Indian Prime Minister Narayan Modi in expressing concern over the situation, their individual nations having been threatened by a similar organization. Investigations are on as to the real cause of the horrible tragedy...." was a BBC World report, dated 27th March 2014.

Zamindar merely meant "the hereditary aristrocratic families that reigned over the Indian subcontinent in the middle ages. Although zamindars were considered to be equivalent to lords and barons, in some cases they were seen as independent, sovereign princes." Alright, thank you, Wikipedia. That's where my blood runs from.

"Mind if I join you?" I was interrupted in my thoughts by a melodious voice.

"Well, it's a free country." I replied.

"What would you like to have, hun?" Lee blurted out.

"Just a couple of whatever Mr.Hottie was having here", she replied.

"So, that would be nothing." Lee said.

"Is that so? In that case, just a couple of beers for us. I'll pay." the stranger said. "Lost in thoughts, are we?"

"Yeah. Well.."

"I'm Friend."

"I'm Guy."

"I didn't mean to be sarcastic. You can call me Friend."

"You can call me Josh."

[WARNING: DRINKING OR CONSUMING ALCOHOL IS INJURIOUS TO HEALTH. NONE OF THE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY PROMOTE DRINKING ALCOHOL IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER.]

I started sipping down the glass of beer when..

"Excuse me, Mr., can you please turn that up?" I said, pointing to the TV.