Part 17- Aubrey's Past

Aubrey's POV:

"You aren't the only child in the family. You never were." Mom began.

"What?! What the actual fuck do you mean?!" I asked.

Mom pretended to ignore my profane usage. But I was angry like hell that of all people in the world, Mom would keep secrets from me. In fact, I now realised that the three people who mattered the most in my life have all been lying to me.

That sucks, right? I lost it. I just completely lost it. Seems that's the only way to get these people stop lying.

"SO CARRY ON LYING TO ME, ALL YOU TWO-FACED PHONIES!! YEAH, KEEPING SECRETS FROM AN INNOCENT 18 YEAR-OLD SEEMS TOP FUCKING RIGHT, ISN'T IT?! WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUST LEAVE?! I'LL BE MUCH BETTER WITHOUT ALL OF YOU! STUPID GODDAMN WORLD. I HATE THIS DUMBASS WORLD. I HATE ALL OF YOU!!" I was screaming like hell. I had tears in my eyes.

"Ssshhhhh..." Josh started to calm me down.

"Don't you shush me!" I threatened.

Josh just hugged me close. And tight. I was crying like hell. Like a can of tears had been opened. I was weeping on his shirt.

"It's fine, honey, it's fine. You're overreacting. That's normal. That's expected when you have people lying to you, especially family. But just hear them out. We all have reasons."

His voice seemed to soothe me. And helped me to calm down. Josh always had that effect on me.

"Okay. Carry on." I said.

"So... Where should I start? Okay. So... You have a sister, a twin sister. But I... rather we, your Dad and I, decided that you should never know that you have a sister back when you were very young, perhaps when you were a two-year old."

"Why?! Why would you do that?!" I asked.

"Because we sent her away. And we never even mentioned about her any longer to you, so that by the time you were ten years or older, you had even forgotten that you have a sister. Which's exactly what we wanted." Dad said.

"And what sort of barbaric, inhumane parents would exactly do that?! And WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? Just goddamn why?!" I was too shocked beyond words.

"Alright. This might be too much for you to digest. But... here's the deal. Your twin was not... ummm, mentally stable. She was a mental patient." Mom said.

"And one day I noticed her trying to strangle you with the wire of the landline phone. Once she even tried to kill you with rat-poison." Dad said.

"Impossible. A two-year old cannot do that." I replied bluntly. "Seriously speak the truth this time, or I'm so done. With both of you."

Mom and Dad glanced at each other.

"Sweetie, we are speaking the truth." Mom said.

"They are indeed speaking the truth, Bree." Josh added.

"But that's just not possible!" I said.

"Precisely what we thought at first. But after her actions became repetitive and quite fatal to you, we realised we had to consult a psychiatrist. He was also shocked beyond words when he looked at the antics of your twin Brianna or Bry, and he said they were completely unlike and uncharacteristic of a two-year old. On hearing this, Bry tried to kill him with a pen. It took me, your dad and a security personnel to hold her down and prevent her from killing that doctor. Mind you, she was seventeen months old at the time. Months, not years. She had such power and creepiness installed in her even at the age of 1 year and 5 months. The doctors realised the seriousness of her illness and labelled it acute disease symptom. And she was completely obsessed with you. Her entire world revolved around you. It was then that the doctors realised it would be best if you did not know of her and if you didn't grow up with her. We also decided that it would be best for your life if we removed your traumatic past and deleted her from your life completely. And that's what we did. When you both were barely old enough to walk, as in, two years old, we sent her away to a boarding school for lunatics. Where we visited her every once in a while, at least I did. And you had eventually forgotten about her as you started growing up."