37) The Author Remembers Nugget Exists

I didn't sleep that night, and I figured I wasn't the only one. Mrs. Weasley clearly didn't get even a wink of sleep, and Harry's eyes were red from nightmares. Ron was the only one who was there last night that didn't appear to be struggling with the night before, having taken a dreamless sleep potion.

The morning had been pretty eventful. Fred and George, deciding they couldn't be bother to actually carry their trunks, had bewitched them to fly down the stairs. Only problem was that the bewitched trunks knocked Ginny down two flights of stairs and shoved her into the wall, which woke up Walburga. I bit into the burnt toast I'd made myself, watching as everyone bustled around to the sounds of Walburga's screeches.

Nugget, who was sitting on the table, looking around wildly (he didn't like to leave the room much), turned to me in mock horror.

"Don't worry, bud, we'll be at Hogwarts soon, and you'll be able to do whatever you want, and you won't have to worry about any of this," I motioned to Ginny, who was being rushed to the bathroom with a bloody nose. Nugget stared at me. "You're right. Well, you can just stay in my room if you'd like, there's less blood in there. All of the bleeding happens outside."

"Where is Sturgis?" Moody growled loudly, in spite of the fact that he had asked this about a dozen times.

"We don't need him, he's annoying," I said.

"Without him, we're a person short for the guard," Moody

"I'll be guard," I offered.

"No, no, you're actually supposed to be with Harry, to make sure everything goes smoothly on the train," Moody said.

"I'm supposed to go to the prefect's compartment, though," I said.

"We both know you weren't planning on going," Moody grumbled.

"Oh, no, I'm gonna go, I'm just gonna leave as soon as I get there," I said.

"That's fine, as long as you get back there soon," Moody said. "They wouldn't plan an attack until the train was farther away."

"Fair," I glared at the wall as Walburga gave a particularly horrendous screech. "I'm going to tear her apart I swear."

"Harry's come down," Moody said. "You best be joining him." He turned to look at the door.

"Ugh, fine," I stuffed the rest of the toast into my mouth, stuffed Nugget into my backpack (don't worry, it's air conditioned), and walked into the hallway to join Harry.

"Howdy!" I shouted over the screaming.

"Hello, Perseus!" Mrs. Weasley said, standing in front of the two of us. "Boys, you're to come with me and Tonks."

"MUDBLOODS! SCUM! CREATURES OF DIRT!" Walburga said kindly.

"Leave your trunk and your owl, Harry, Alastor's going to deal with the luggage.... Oh, for heaven's sake, Sirius, Dumbledore said no!"

A big dog had appeared at Harry's side, and I grinned. This definitely wasn't a good idea, but I was a sucker for idiocy in the name of saying goodbye.

Mrs. Weasley stared at Sirius, then spoke defeatedly, "Oh honestly... well, on your own head be it!" She tore the door open and we stepped out into the meek fall sunlight. As the door slammed behind us, Walburga's screeches we're cut off.

"Where's Tonks?" I asked, absently noting the way the stairs to number twelve disappeared as we reached the pavement.

"She's waiting for us just up here," Mrs. Weasley said, trying very hard not to look at Sirius.

An old woman was waiting for us on the corner. Her gray hair was tightly curled, and she wore a purple hat. "Wotcher, boys," she said, winking at us. "Better hurry up, hadn't we, Molly?" She checked her watch.

"I know, I know," Mrs. Weasley groaned, and started speed walking, forcing us to keep up, "but Mad-Eye wanted to wait for Sturgis.... If only Arthur could have got us cars from the Ministry again... but Fudge wouldn't let him borrow so much as an empty ink bottle these days.... How Muggles can stand traveling without magic..."

Sirius was a lot more pleased than Mrs. Weasley. He snapped at pigeons, chased his own tail, and stared longingly at a fire hydrant. I couldn't help but smile at how happy he was to be out again.

It took us twenty minutes to get to King's Cross by foot and nothing interesting had happened other than a stray and Sirius having a staring contest. Once inside we loitered by the barrier between platforms nine and ten until the coast was clear, then we each leaned against it in turn, where we landed onto platform nine and three quarters. The Hogwarts Express was belching dark smoke over a platform that was packed with several vaguely familiar families.

I took in a breath — Hogwarts. I was really going back. After everything that had happened, and with everything that would happen... I was going back.

I forgot about Nugget for a while there, but it's fine, because I didn't kill him like I did Socks. Rest In Peace, Socks. Still mad I killed him. Very sorry. I missed second breakfast today because I worked on building my page in the paper. It was sad. I was sad. But then I ended up somehow managing to get four Fruit roll ups and two slices of pizza at lunch so that was great. Also, the field trip is officially back on and is I think next month. Also, I haven't been writing much because each chapter seemed to be taking me forever. I've recently realized that's because I've been doubling the length of the chapters. I was wondering why I was having a such time. Anyway, if you notice a sudden difference in the length of the chapters, that is why. I write shorter chapters so that I can post every other day.

Anyway, I hope you guys have enjoyed your Tuesday, and I'll see you on Thursday CT. Love ya!