42) NOTICE: No Loitering Allowed On Or In Front Of These Premises

The rest of the train ride was filled with an uncomfortable silence. Harry, unable to take it anymore, asked, "What happened to Malfoy's eye?"

"I was wondering that as well," Hermione said.

"Nothing you guys need to worry about," I said, sending Hermione a look. She stared blankly at me for a moment, then her eyes widened.

"Oh, I'd forgotten," she said quietly.

"Forgotten what?" Harry asked.

"Something he wishes to keep private," I said.

"Well, if he wants to keep it private, why does Hermione know?" Harry questioned.

"I found out on my own," Hermione shook her head thoughtfully.

"It's really nothing you need to worry about, Harry," Ron said.

"You know, too?" Harry suddenly looked smaller, as if the idea of everyone knowing something he didn't was a real problem.

"Yeah, I know a lot about the demigods," Ron shrugged. "I've known things about Malfoy for a very long time."

"And you don't think it's important to share those things with me?" Harry frowned. "I mean, it's Malfoy we're talking about."

"Well, uh, no," Ron said sheepishly. "Some stuff's private, mate. That's like telling him about your life at the Dursleys. It's kind of not my stuff to share."

"What, did he get punched by some monster when he was little or something?" Harry didn't argue, but he did look a little annoyed.

"Or something," Ron nodded.

"I think it was a monster that punched him, though," Luna said thoughtfully.

"No, it was — oh," Ron blinked, understanding dawning on him. "Oh, you're right."

"Does everyone in here know except for me?" Harry's eyes were wide.

"Probably," Neville said.

"No, I don't know," Ginny had a bemused look on her face. "Ron told me not to look into Malfoy at all."

"Yeah, and you better not," Ron waved his finger exaggeratedly at her. "That's private stuff that I wish I didn't know about."

"If it's so private, why does everyone know except for me?" Harry frowned.

"Not many people know, Harry, it's just that we all figured it out," I said. "It's not hard to figure out... I'm surprised you haven't realized it yet, honestly. It's just... that's not stuff you share about someone, not even if they're your nemesis or whatever."

Harry's eyes were narrowed as he looked at me, not in hostility, but concentration. He shook his head, deciding not to push it.

"We'd better to change," Hermione said, glancing at her watch.

After changing in another carriage, I shifted uncomfortably in my robes. My prefect's badge was pinned to my chest, and I couldn't help the grimace on my face. I wanted it off very badly. I sat down heavily next to Neville, fiddling with the bracelet Cedric had given me before we entered the maze the year before. He'd passed it on to me, and suddenly I felt like Cedric was standing in front of me, a proud smile on his face as he fidgeted with my badge, straightening it.

"I knew you'd be prefect," he would say, and I would grin up at him.

"You figured I'd have blown up too many things to be prefect," I would say cheekily.

"That too," Cedric said. But then he'd smile and I'd feel proud to be wearing the badge.

But Cedric wasn't here. I didn't feel all that proud to be wearing it, and some part of me knew that I'd never live up to it.

"Percy, we're supposed to supervise everyone getting off the train," Hermione said, and I looked up. I hadn't realized it, but we'd slowed to a stop.

"Leave him be, 'Mione," Ron said, sending me a reassuring look.

"Nah, I'm all good," I stood up and smiled. "Let's go yell at the second years for loitering."

"How do you know they're loitering?" Ron asked, and the three of us stepped out of the compartment.

"They always loiter," I said, recalling something Cedric had mentioned a couple years back. "They road the boats last year, so they're not entirely sure what to do."

"You're going to be a great prefect, Percy," Hermione said, looking surprised that I knew what the second years were doing.

I just shrugged in response.

As we stepped onto the platform and made our way towards the second years that were standing by the side of the train, looking lost and slightly afraid, I twisted the bracelet.

I decided to try my best to make Cedric proud.

I'm going to die. I grabbed my book and put it on my bed to read and when I looked at my book there was a s p i d e r and I gasped loudly (I'm not a screamer, thank goodness, the whole neighborhood would've come running), and I threw my book (my poor book) on the floor and the spider came off, thank goodness. I rescued my book and I sat on the floor and I watched the spider. It didn't move for a long time but then it ran towards my backpack so I had to rescue it. It sat there for awhile again then tried to murder my jackets (they sit on the floor, fight me), and I saved those. But it was really a trick because it ran for my sheets which would lead to my b e d and I rescued those, but then it ran for Kadee's blanket (she left it in here earlier), and I rescued that and finally I was like Caroline, you like badass people, badass people are cool, be cool, Caroline, be a badass so I grabbed a shoe and I killed it. Not too long ago I went to send a picture of it to a friend as proof of its existence but the spider was not there anymore. I'm scared. It's time to burn my house down. Anyway, just before that, me and Kadee spun each other around on the floor of the handle of our dinosaur sticks. How long ago that seems with the terror I went through...

Anywho, I hope you guys have had a grand Friday, and I'll see you on Sunday CT. Love ya!