100) Weasley Is My King - Really, I Adore Him

Hermione told me what the badges said as we walked down to the pitch together.

Weasley is our King.

I knew it wouldn't mean anything good. They seemed vaguely nice at first, but I knew it would be anything but. Probably something cruel and dumb and I'd end up punching someone.

Hermione looked as if she felt the same.

The sound of singing flooded the air, but I couldn't hear what was being said over the chatter of everyone else. I could tell that it was coming from the Slytherins, though. I could also tell that the people around them didn't look pleased.

After we'd settled in our seats, the Slytherin players stepped onto the pitch. It was far away, but I didn't think Draco was wearing a badge. He was shifting on his feet though, clearly uncomfortable.

That made me even more nervous.

After a couple minutes, the Gryffindors stepped onto the pitch, and the captains shook hands. They mounted their brooms, and Hooch whistled.

The players shot off, going to their positions. Draco, after a few seconds, went to hover near my spot on the stands. He shot an apologetic look back at me — I didn't know what he was apologizing for, but I knew it must have been whatever the Slytherins were up to.

Speaking of, some Slytherin stragglers who had been cut off of the main group by a hoard of Ravenclaws said, "Is that Draco?"

"Yeah. Wonder why he's hovering there."

"Probably staking out the pitch and stuff, he's good at that, I've heard. I just wonder why he refused to put on the pin."

"Probably thought it would clash with his outfit — that's what all guys like him seem yo care about."

Draco's back stiffened for a moment at the gay comment, but he didn't seem to care too much once the other Slytherin spoke, "I don't know. He seemed really put out about it. He's probably gone all soft for the Gryffindors."

Draco started circling the stands, and I grimaced.

"They think he's on the Gryffindors side," Hermione said sadly. "I wonder what he's going to do to prove that he's not."

"I hope he just puts on the badge," I said darkly, knowing he wouldn't. It would be weird to turn down the badge and then accept it seconds later. He'd have to do something else — probably taunting Harry, if I had to guess. That usually got him in his housemates' good books.

I let the sound of Lee Jordan's voice drown out the thought, "And it's Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me —"

"JORDAN!" McGonagall's voice rang over us, accompanied by a wave of laughter from the students.

"Just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest — and she's ducked Warrington, she's passed Montague, she's — ouch — been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe.... Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and — nice Bludger there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse passes to Alicia Spinnit and Spinnet's away, she dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger — close call, Alicia — and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?"

As Lee paused to listen to the Slytherin's song I finally heard the lyrics:

Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring,
That's why Slytherin's all sing:
Weasley is our King.

Weasley was born in a bin,
He always lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley will make sure we win,
Weasley is our King.

"— and Alicia passed back to Angelina!" Lee tried to cover the sound of the song as soon as what it meant had computed. "Come on now, Angelina — looks like she's got just the Keeper to beat! — SHE SHOOTS — SHE — aaaah..."

The Keeper had blocked it, passing the Quaffle to Warrington.

Weasley is our King,
He always lets the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King.

"I'm going to flood their dorms," I said quietly, forcing myself not to stand up and dump the lake on them right then and there.

"I'll help you do it," Hermione said softly, her eyes fixedly stuck on Ron.

"— and it's Warrington with the Quaffle, Warrington heading for goal, he's out of Bludger range with the Keeper ahead —"

Weasley cannot save a thing,
He cannot block a single ring

"— so it's the first test for new Gryffindor Keeper, Weasley, brother of Beaters, Fred and George, and a promising new talent on the team — come on, Ron!"

It was the Slytherins who gave the cheer. Ron had dived in a panic, and the Quaffle had gone straight between his arms.

The rest of the game was much the same. Ron panicking, unable to block a shot. The Slytherin singing loudly and horribly. Lee Jordan trying desperately to block it out — so desperate, it seemed, that McGonagall had taken to letting him make his strange comments. I could almost hear her angry breathing over the intercom.

Gryffindor wasn't that far behind — only thirty points or so — when Harry saw the Snitch. He dove for it, and Draco did the same.

They were neck and neck, and for a moment, it seemed that Draco would get the Snitch. He was farther ahead, and his arm was outstretched, inches away.

Then he looked up at Ron, and he slowed down ever so slightly.

Harry caught the Snitch, and Draco slowed to a stop, his head hung low. I guess that was his apology for whatever he was going to do, or maybe it was for what the Slytherins had done. I knew that to Ron, who had been watching closely, it would mean the world.

Of course, the sweet moment was ruined by a Bludger hitting Harry in the back, knocking him to the ground. It wasn't a high fall, just five or six feet, but I could see Draco's anger in his stiffness as he turned to look up at Crabbe, who was laughing slowly.

It had been one annoying Quidditch match, and it was about to get worse.

We got our packing list for camp, and, alas, no shorts unless on campus. Also, no snacks, but I am going to ignore that rule. I am taking Twizzlers with me, no one can stop me. I started watching the Owl House today. It was good. I like it. I kept getting clips recommended for me on YouTube and have already attached myself to one of the gremlins — the blonde one, I think his name is Hunter. I like his teeth, and his voice. I know nothing about him, he hasn't shown up yet, but I am ready for it. Also, I thought Amity was going to be cool, but she is mean ): She'll be cool later, but ): I work tomorrow, so I think I'll write some, do some good stuff. Maybe I'll be able to post while I'm in St. Louis. Idk. Hopefully. If not, it's just a day of not posting, so it's all good. Anyway, I'm going to go watch The Owl House. Maybe King with bite someone. He sounds like Bill Cipher. I like it.

Anyway, I hope you guys have had a bubbly Friday, and I'll see you on Sunday CT. Love ya!

PS. I'm not sure if the title made it obvious, but I really like Ron. I love him. He is my favorite HP character. (: