"𝙸'𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚎" | 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

...

Peter

December 27th 2024

Dear MJ,

I'm not doing so good. I can't seem to cope with you and Ned being missing from my life. You guys were the only things that kept me sane. In other news I've had a promotion at The Daily bugle. I can actually afford to buy the mediocre coffee at Peter Pan cafe so I might come visit you. I'm not sure if I'll drink the coffee though, I almost spat it out last time. That's all for today. I love you...

Sincerely Peter B Parker

"You might see me again"

...

MJ

"Have you thought about rekindling your relationship with Betty yet? MJ asked Ned curiously

Ever since she spotted Spider-Man outside her house her mind had drifted off to romantic topics. She's not sure why, Spider-Man isn't exactly the most romantic superhero out there. MJ always assumed she was the kind of girl to be single and independent and never settle down but the more she thought about it the idea of settling down in a cosy home didn't seem so bad especially if it was with.... Who?

"I don't know MJ , I feel like it just wasn't meant to be" Ned responded mimicking a Shakespearean voice

MJ rolled her eyes before letting out a small smirk. MJ heard the jingle of the door opening and looked at it revealing that Peter Parker had entered the building. MJ was 67% sure that this cafe would go bankrupt if Ned didn't regularly go to this cafe and insist on paying even after MJ persistently tried to tell him that everything was on the house so it was nice to have other customers.

She looked up to the door to see a timid boy who was quite obviously blushing. His brown curls ran down his face, they were much longer than when he first came here. MJ locked eyes with him, something felt weird about this boy. Somehow MJ felt safe around him even though they barely knew of each other's existence.

After locking eyes MJ started to feel slightly fuzzy. She rubbed her eyes slowly before hearing her voice in her head..

...

"What are you hiding Peter" MJ questioned looking straight at peter

Peters face looked slightly shocked as he looked at her in disbelief. Many thought ran through his head... His hair was much shorter than how it is today in the cafe and his face looked younger. His eyes looked like those of a troubled person when she MJ him at the cafe but not so much here.