'Her Baka'

Days, weeks, and finally, a whole month had passed. It took a whole week for T to finally forgive you for getting yourself hurt. That same week, you began your work as an Association worker. T was overjoyed when you broke the news about stepping down as a hero. She was less happy when you said you were now working as an office boy.

However, that didn't stop her from buying you a cute office outfit to wear for her. You felt a cold sweat cover you when she looked at you with those hungry eyes. "Does that mean you're going to wear a nice suit?" she asked with a lustful smile.

You started using weights to try and see just how strong you were now, but even the heaviest ones you owned were easy to lift. There was only one way to understand what you could do with these powers.

Fighting Monsters.

Of course, when you told T, you were going to 'work', you were going on patrol in a more 'violent' section. Snitch ensured the areas you were assigned weren't too dangerous, but they weren't easy either.

Your main issue was keeping your identity a secret; if anyone, especially T, found out you were still fighting Monsters, a body wouldn't be left to bury.

You thought about wearing a costume and a mask, but that idea went out the window after your first fight and was reduced to nothing but rags. It turns out that wearing basic clothes while fighting monsters was a bad idea.

You were sitting on top of a roof while trying to come up with another idea while your tendrils floated beside you. And then you had an idea.

"Humans! No longer will my brethren be treated as pests! Behold the wrath of snakes! My poison will cause you to beg for death!"

The Monster yelled at the screaming civilians who were running away. It was undoubtedly strong, rated danger level 'Demon'. At least, that was what the agents said before you hung up the phone.

He mentioned something about Metal Bat, but you weren't listening. You were tired of them going on and on about useless crap. All you needed to know was where the Monster was. You wanted to protect people, but you were also itching to fight.

Unfortunately, you did have a few things to do today, and the first was to get the ring from Fu. You couldn't wait to pick it up, but you still didn't know how or when you would ask the question.

To make matters worse, T was annoyed that you were coming home late each night. She missed watching TV with you on the sofa. You made excuses, saying you were still in training and had a lot of paperwork to do. But it was because of the increased number of Monsters you were constantly fighting.

At first, you were worried about getting hurt and T finding out. It would be hard to explain a broken arm while you were supposed to be working in an office. But that concern quickly vanished once you found out you could heal. Cuts and burns could heal in a matter of moments, and broken bones in hours. The only downside was that the more damage you took, the more exhausted and hungrier you were after healing.