Love Hurts

(About three years ago)

You carried the fresh bowl of cool water to your bedroom, the lights were out, and the curtains closed. It was late afternoon, and T hadn't left the bed for a few days, but that wasn't because she was lazy. You slowly opened the bedroom door, doing your best to be as silent as possible. Walking over to your bed, your eyes adjusted to the dark room, and you could see a head of Green on a white pillow.

'Uhhh' T ground as she sunk deeper into the bed. You placed a hand over her tiny head. It was hot. You whipped her face with a cool, wet towel. 'Uhhh', she moaned, and you gently fed her some soup. "Never thought I'd say this, T, but don't you dare get out of bed." You said, planting a kiss on her head, which seemed to soothe her slightly.

You looked at T, her eyes were closed, and her face was flushed. You rested the cool towel on her head while allowing her to rest.

She hadn't been feeling well for the last few days but threw up and passed out last night

She hadn't been feeling well for the last few days but threw up and passed out last night. You rang the association and told them she was unavailable. They would likely overreact if you told them their second most powerful hero was sick. And you would be pissed off if your house was swarmed by doctors and people trying to be important. You were more than capable of taking care of your girl.

You had basic medical training from your time in the army and knew this wasn't anything serious. Still, T needed rest, and you would ensure you took care of her no matter what. She's been sick before, but now that you were living together, you felt it was your duty to care for her.

"Mmm", T groaned. You look over at T to see her eyes open before looking at you, "Hey there, how are you feeling?" you ask while rubbing her cheek with your hand, doing your best to soothe her.

T only groaned, nuzzling into your hand, clearly feeling worse for wear. You felt angry when looking at her like this. Angry that you couldn't do much to help her, she was a mighty hero, but you could only see your Girlfriend that you wanted nothing more than to love and protect.

You spent the whole day doing your best to ensure she was as comfortable as possible. You made sure to change the bed sheets since they were sweaty. You sat close to T for the entire day, ensuring she had enough to drink. You knew she wasn't feeling herself since she made no remarks about you being her maid for the entire day.

'Baka,' T said weakly as you dried her sweaty body, doing your best to prevent her from overheating. "Quite you. You need rest, my little goblin." You said, booping her nose with the wet cloth. 'Mmm' T moaned weakly, "You taking care of me like this almost makes me glad I'm sick." 

You smiled. Even when she was weak, she was still sassy, which you loved.

It wasn't until late that night that T finally showed signs of getting better, she wasn't pouring out sweat, and she felt well enough to cuddle with you without getting you wet from her body heat. She was still shivering under your arms, so you held her close as she slept. You kept a close eye on her the entire night, ensuring that a bucket was always close to you since she was sick the first night. She claimed she was okay. Up until she covered you in vomit.