Push Your Limits

(6 Years Ago)

You had to kick open your apartment door since your arm was still throbbing painfully inside its cast. You definitely had a few broken ribs from how it hurt when you breathed. Still, after the doctor gave you the all-clear, you were eager to leave despite the doctor's protests. You hated hospitals. They made you feel uncomfortable, and you refused to sleep in their beds.

You limped into your home and kicked the door shut behind you, tossing off your clothes before you fell onto your bed and let out a sigh of relief. You've been so busy fighting lately due to the rising attacks.

Since you've been so busy, you haven't had a moment to yourself, much less any time to spend with T, you did mention that you were home now, but you didn't bother telling her about your injuries. You just wanted to lie in bed and sleep for an entire week. Before long, you were in dreamland, but then your phone buzzed you awake, scaring you even more to death.

"What!?" you answered, pissed off at being woken up so soon.

"Baka, where are you!? We were supposed to meet for lunch ten minutes ago. You better be dead!" T yelled, causing you to pull the phone away from your ear to stop it from bleeding.

"Not dead, T. I told you I was at home, and you cancelled for today, remember?" You didn't have the energy for your usual banter. The line suddenly went dead, and you looked at it confused, but you didn't think about it too long before you tried going back to sleep.

Another few seconds passed, and you were again on the verge of sleep before the door to your flat swung open, causing your blanket to fly off you. "What happened?" T yelled as you covered your head with your pillow. She lifted you up into the air towards her. Her face was definitely not pleased when she saw you hurt yet again.

 Her face was definitely not pleased when she saw you hurt yet again

"What happened this time!?" T growled.

"Nothing, just a fight." You said, tired, not bothering to say anything else before you tried to close your eyes and sleep while T held you in the air.

"Did you at least kill the weakling that did this to you? Or were you too pathetic to even do that?"

You went quiet. The fight was brutal, and once other heroes turned up to help, the monster fled, knowing it wouldn't survive, "Look, T, I'm exhausted, so join me if you want but let me sleep."

T huffed and dropped you back onto your bed with a thud. "Owww."

"Now, you listen very closely, Baka. I have better things to do now. You will stay here until I take care of a few things, and when I get back, you will make me something good to eat, do you understand?"

You only had enough energy to raise your thumb before the door was slammed shut, and you finally went to sleep.

A few hours later, you heard T come back into your flat, but she didn't say anything this time. You weakly opened your eyes, seeing T floating above you. Her face looked worried briefly before she lifted you up and moved under you to cuddle.