The Associations Monsters

(Five Years ago)

It's been days since you had any sort of rest, your body ached with pain from torn muscles, cracked bones and the smell coming off you was rank. You had been on damage control helping civilians that were trapped under rubble.

This was one of the most devastating attacks you've ever seen. Practically a whole city was whipped off the map by a colossal monster. You only saw it briefly before it threw a building at you like a massive dickhead.

You were confident in your fighting ability but there was no way you could fight that thing, it tossed you aside like you were nothing

You were confident in your fighting ability but there was no way you could fight that thing, it tossed you aside like you were nothing. You felt a rib or two crack from the impact when you landed. You only managed to whisper a weak 'Ow' as the air left your lungs.

It hurt your pride, but you let other heroes fight the monster deciding your efforts to searching through wrecks trying to help find survivors. It would take some time before a total rescue effort could be implemented.

And, of course, things could never be easy. The larger predators always attract scavengers. Smaller monsters started crawling out of the holes the centrepiece had created. While you stood no chance against the massive monster, you were more than a match for the weaker ones. You went from fighting to looking for survivors for hours on end.

You took a few hours each day to drink, eat and rest in the temporary rescue tents that were set up around the city.

Ever since you decided to stop fighting for the sake of it, you've been restless. Of course, being with T has helped divert most of your energy, but there was still an itch at the back of your brain that wouldn't go away. It would take a long while for you to get used to it, but you swore to put others safety before your desire to fight.

It was near the end of the second day when you took a bad hit. A monster had mimicked human cries for help under the rubble. Without thinking you began to dig until a large claw burst out of the ground slashing you across your chest.

You jammed your knife into its skull before it could come around again for a second attack. Exhaustion and the pain of the slash caused you to black out. You woke up a few hours later inside a medical tent.

You had heard the Hero Blast had turned up to fight the giant monster and had fought it to a standstill. If you weren't wholly exhausted, you would most likely head to a bar to celebrate, and, of course, monsters weren't your only issues.

Recently your relationship with T hasn't exactly gone smoothly. You agreed to keep your relationship hidden, which meant you could go out in public with T. To make matters worse, T seemed to be getting annoyed about always being in your cramped and crappy apartment.

The last time you talked was a few days before the attack happened. You had promised T a nice dinner, but you haven't had the time to even shop for food let alone cook it. You sat up on the makeshift bed and started to head out to continue your search.