1. Trying fathers and reunions

Tw: small wounds, nothing too gruesome

You got into quite the predicament, haven't you?

Sure, the thrill of a nice adventure feels exhilarating and gets you going. Making good memories on your journey and whatnot. But when you and your group of remarkable friends make the collective decision of awakening a sleeping thousand year old demon, you can see why choices are an important part of life.

"______! Get out of there!"

The rocky floor beneath you was trembling, cracks sprouted from where you stood. You couldn't move, you were scared out of your mind. Everything was scorching hot around you, walls of flame raged that surrounded you with a burning temperature. You felt like you stumbled into an actual war zone, you could step into a metaphorical minefield any moment now. This place is actual hell.

Your brain kept screaming at you to just run and bid adieu to this cavern of terror. If you do survive this, you're starting a new life and move to another country. While that thought sounds tempting enough, a problem is still happening. Big problems.

You scream and jump when a stalactite comes crashing to the floor right next to you, any closer and you'd become a fresh kebab. For sure that's the push you needed to actually move your shivering legs and run, you made a mad dash towards where your friends are. Your feeble yet frantic legs carrying you to your destination, sweat soaking your skin while it leaks into your shirt.

A thread of desperation surged throughout you when your friends were closer and closer, this could definitely be a funny story to tell in McDonald's hangouts. They waited for you at the exit, frantically beckoning you to hurry up with their wide eyes and screaming.

But no, you dread when one of them points out and yell.

"______! WATCH OUT!"

Your heart pounded against your ribcage, trying to rip itself out of your body. You heard loud cracks above you that echoed throughout the cavern. The ceiling was giving up above you, threatening to crush you into a pile of bloody goo and bones. You pushed yourself to go faster, your legs aching when you hopped over a ledge of rocks.

But when another deafening crack rang it's way into the rugged hard corridors, and just like that.

The ceiling fell above you.

-2 Days Earlier-

The small town of WheyHill stood out on at an open valley, displaying between the two towering masses of land. Most of the houses looking nothing more valuable than a 2-story house. It was no special town but it held humble people whom were nonetheless proud to be a part of it's community. A little Georgie taking his dog out for a walk and a pair of adult women bidding goodbye to each other as they head on over to work.

Far behind the valley was but a forest, an assortment of mountains all around. The entrance surrounded with heightening steel fences. Preventing those who come by whom were looking for an awaiting entrance, with additional signs of warning strapped into the metal bars.

Stories have been told over and over of even the strongest of men who stepped foot into the forbidden place has never came back, stories that lived on for millennia.

The afternoon was a long boring one, rays of gentle light pouring through the windows from the midday sun. The curtains dancing along with the wind, flowing freely in a mesmerizing pirouette. You stared at the tiny specks of dust that were illuminated with the rays of the sun that soaked this room with light.

All that was beautiful laid out before you, but one person stood out before you. Denying all that was lovely.

Your father stood in front of you, arms crossed while you were sat on a chair across him. You didn't even had to look up to know that the man was upset himself, this is pretty much a common occurrence. A small amused snort protruding out of your nose that only deepened your father's much present frown.