3. Innermost Eruptions

The meal sprawled all over your plate stared up at you with it's teasing smile. It ignited a flame in you that you could not extinguish, it was an expo of eating your lunch angrily. You ate up your lunch in quite the bitter mood that drowned away your attempts of being the slightest of positive energy. Your fork stabbed into a slab of meat, not with a vicious movement but with a cool poise that made you look like a silent killer.

Today was the day, the day where you had to drag your ass to timberland and become an archeologist of things that are most likely to not exist in the first place. But are stories told to children so they'll come home early for dinner. If they do exist, this will definitely bite you down on the ass. You've taken a peek right at the journal and saw drawings of big hulking creatures that could twist you into a pretzel.

You did not like the idea of coming home with a battered body that looked like you threw yourself underneath an 18-wheeler and rumbled through all 18 wheels.

Your nephew is coming along, you've fucked up and you don't know a way on how to unfuck-it-up. Gonna really drive up to the forest with your friends but there is literally no way you could convince Gregory to stay back home. His mind is dead set on doing whatever stupid thing that you do.

And that's because you're the WORST aunt to ever pop out of your mother's womb, and now your nephew is just as crazy as you are. No, scratch that- he's just as INSANE as you are. The more the days pass by, the more you become a bad influence.

You slowly lift your head to move your eyes away from your food to see what's Gregory up to.

Just as you expected, he was smiling like an idiot. You know he's excited for the nearing expedition, and you're still trying to find the brakes for him to stop. If your dad finds out, he is going to kill you and keep a hawk's eye out for you- if you ever try to pull anything stupid again. Kiss goodbye to all your stupid stunts.

You groan and melt into the cushion of your chair. This exploration could have started in any other day, yet it just have to be right after when your nephew says "hello" and drops himself into your home.

You stuff your cheeks full with the last bits of your lunch, filling your round chipmunk cheeks. Forcing your jaws to chomp down, swallowing was in another level. Bits and crumbs of food rolled down your lips, forget calmly eating your food - you're finishing your lunch as quickly as possible for no reason that stuck out.

Your parent was looking at you and going through a stage of mental bewilderment, trying to pinpoint on whatever you're doing. Oh why is he confused? This shouldn't be surprising. It was nothing compared to other things that you had done before where one person could actually call you a lunatic.

Lunch quickly came by, all plates wiped off from all the grub your dad had delightfully cooked with the loving touch of a father. He stared as you and Gregory quickly stored your dirty plates into the sink, a bit too speedy for his liking. "Are you two in a rush for something?"

"Nope!" You and Gregory say in unison.

A huge task implanted itself into both of your brains, and that is to NEVER let your father know about the pending journey ahead that you will initiate with your friends. You dread if he ever gets the slightest hint of it, then a punishment will be in tow. One that you will never find out. (That is - if he actually finds out)

"Well, we're having a little trip to next town with my friends" You wrinkle your nose and continue. "I promise you! No mountain climbing and all that"

Your father squinted his eyes at you, furrowing his brows in suspicion. You've done a lot of certain things on your own that he doesn't know if it's a good thing to trust you on this. A little road trip is good, going out for a bit for some fresh air with your pals. He could agree, he's had his fair share of hitting the road with his pals back in the day and venture for hours. He'll be honest, those where one of the best moments of his life.