5. The quiet noise of pitter patter

CW: Bad dreams, and descriptive stuff that may be discomforting for readers.

Sorry sorry if this took long ^^"
I was playing a lot of Blasphemous since I just bought the game and I immediately fell inlove.
I was also preparing for my graduation, urtghh just look where I am now. Proud of myself <3

Have fun reading! This is a long one—— :")

I know I may sound needy, but— 👉👈
If you like it, feel free to hand a vote!

———————

The night moved in a slow crucial way, agonizing her in each moment's notice. The feeling of being in a presence of another consumed her whole, digging it's fangs into her entangled figure. Unwelcome manifestations came upon her stretching dreamscape with unknown intent. She tried to thrash from it's malicious hold on her, she couldn't breathe, she couldn't move.
Waves of smog slithered across the bedroom floor, searching for vulnerable prey. Slithers of snake-like tendrils flew up from the earth, netting into her neck; cementing her on place.

It was eating her alive, she clawed unto the floor crafted by the dream; it's hold getting tighter, pounding into thought after thought. Stringing her even deeper and deeper.

She hear her name, but spoken from it's lips in a manner only meant to shame. Drowning, and tearing unto her head. Her name spoken in an uncanny chorus, voices both feminine and masculine.

This isn't supposed to be making any sense, all is well happening in life. She is dreaming, she knows it, it's all a dream she can wake up to and go back to the realms of reality and smooth in just fine. Dreams aren't supposed to be snaking up it's way to her to rip into her in a context that befuddled her cerebrum. But nothing is seeming to work, she's still here in this place with vile meaning.

She hear her name, it's eyes digging unto her frail form. Bulbous red lights widening and invective. The ruby glow pressing on her back, stabbing right into it.

No longer does everything seem to make sense, time slowed as it melted unto her light skin. Dripping from the tip of her eyelids to the peak of her chin, dangerously alluring her to a close-eyed umbra.

She's dying. She tried pinching herself, abusing her own skin and turning it into a red patch to wake herself up. None of it worked, she's still here.

She hear her name, slender fingers piercing into the flesh of her shoulders. Oozing the language of of a fulminating theme when it tears more into her.

Her throat inching to constrict, no longer can she breathe.

She's somewhere in a place where your screams couldn't be heard.

She hear her name, her suffocation played like a game. All fun on it's end, as she scratched unto her chest. Gasping for air that is absent. Sickening red eyes hollowing in with amusement on her occurring torment. She tried and tried to swallow in air, but she couldn't find it, all it did was to tighten her throat.

She was competing in an arena, the host themselves that only strived to tug her down to desolation even further. A competition with only one outcome.

"Currite, currite parvulus lepus"

A competition where you couldn't compete.

"Vanessa!"

She woke up in a cold sweat, the blankets wrapping tightly into her trembling form. Eyes of an anticipating dread that expected all the worse outcomes. She escaped just as it's jaws neared to make her end, it was a relief but the dark of her room tricked her into thinking that she didn't wake up, waking up to more that she's unprepared for. Denver was there looking at her with concerned eyes, his hand squeezing on her shoulder.