Epilogue

Once again I've come to the end. Thank you for making writing this story so enjoyable.

I hope to see you all for Changing Kitty :)

----

Epilogue

*Seventeen Years Later*

“Must I go, mama?” Sabine groaned to Jane as they both saddled their mares to go off on their daily ride. They had to tend the horses themselves for the time being as the stable hand had recently moved back home to Ireland to marry. Daniel was in the process of finding a replacement.

Jane smiled at her daughter. At the ripe old age of two and twenty, Sabine was being sent to London for her fourth season much to her dismay. She enjoyed staying with her aunt and uncle but detested society. Sabine was too level headed for the women of the ton. She was not interested in balls and gowns and face powder, she just loved riding her horse spending time with her parents and her two younger brothers.

“Sabine, you wanted to go last week when we accepted Aunt Em’s invitation, so you’re going. It is rude to refuse when you’ve already said that you’ll go.” Jane sympathised with Sabine, she knew how self conscious she was when it came to London. She knew how daunting it was.

Sabine had truly grown into a beauty. She was celebrated as the most beautiful girl in Nottingham, a title that she did not like. She was very bashful when it came to compliments. Jane knew the only reason that she hadn’t been snapped up in London was because the men found her boring, something that she’d heard in a letter from Emilia.

Jane knew that compared to some of the girls out in society that Sabine was probably boring, but only because she was intelligent and responsible. Compared to other girls, namely her niece Kitty, Sabine was boring. There was nothing wrong with Sabine though, Jane would rather she remained who she was. Kitty however enjoyed flirting and teasing, something she was glad that Sabine was who she was.

“I know,” Sabine sighed. “But I’d much rather spend my summer doing something more productive – like tending the horses! Don’t hire another hand, I’ll do it myself!”

Jane smirked. “You know your father won’t like that. He’s made up his mind that he’s hiring someone else, just as the carriage has been ordered for your departure next week. Go to London, spend some time with your aunt and uncle and your cousins, and try to have some fun, darling.”

Sabine rolled her big blue eyes. “I’d have more fun fencing with Philip and Louis then dancing in London, and I never thought I’d ever say that!”

Jane laughed. Sabine loved her two younger brothers in small doses. Philip and Louis, who were sixteen and twelve, were both very lively boys. Jane liked to think her sons had inherited her wild, younger personality. “Put a smile on that lovely face of yours, Sabine. You never know, you might meet a man you like. You’ll be home before you know it anyway and then you can annoy the new stable hand and point out everything that he’s doing wrong,” Jane teased.