01

DEVOTEDChapter one — "The one in a million chance"

DEVOTED
Chapter one — "The one in a million chance"

A GIRL FOLLOWED behind her friend as they roamed the school's campus, attempting to ignore the humid heat of July

A GIRL FOLLOWED behind her friend as they roamed the school's campus, attempting to ignore the humid heat of July. (E/c) eyes scanned over the rugby field, briefly landing on an ugly creature sitting atop a goalpost—six legs held onto the pole while its lipless mouth opened, letting out a ghostly groan which went unheard by most people in its vicinity. Letting a scowl etch itself onto her face, (Y/n) muttered to the raven-haired boy beside her, "A grade 2 curse here? Must be because of that cursed object. Let's keep searching, I'd like to go home."

Taking the lead, she walked up a small flight of stairs, coming across a large crowd. Immediately, she tuned out the chatter, opting to focus on the pink-haired boy in the center. He brought his arm back, winding up his throw, before snapping it forward and releasing the ball. Crashing into a soccer goal, the ball left the metal gravely misshapen. (Y/n) hummed, observing the boy some more as he talked to other students, 'That was without cursed energy... Amazing.'

Fushiguro Megumi nudged the girl beside him, snapping her out of her thoughts, "We've spent too much time watching. Let's search over there—" The words left his brain as a strong presence whizzed past him, causing him to call after the source, "Hey you! Huh?! How the heck is he so fast?!"

"Come on, Fushiguro!" (Y/n) said as she chased after the pink-haired boy, leaving Megumi to try to keep up despite her shorter build.

***

Leaning against a wall inside a hospital, (Y/n) and Megumi waited for the pink-haired boy to finish whatever business he had there, "It's already dark out..."

"Yeah... Don't worry, we only need to do one last thing," Megumi paused his words as he walked closer to the pink-haired boy standing at the counter, "Itadori Yuji, correct? We're from Jujutsu High School. We'd like to talk to you."

The three teenagers walked away from the desk to talk in a more private area. Yuji gave the pair a confused look, "Uh, I'm mourning right now."

"Sorry but there's no time. The cursed object you have is extremely dangerous. Hand it over right away."