17

DEVOTEDChapter seventeen — "Ba—"

DEVOTED
Chapter seventeen — "Ba—"

A SMILE GRACED (Y/n)'s face as she looked down at her new boots, practically drooling at the matte black material that reached just below her shins and the black metal that shined on the shoe's toes and heels

A SMILE GRACED (Y/n)'s face as she looked down at her new boots, practically drooling at the matte black material that reached just below her shins and the black metal that shined on the shoe's toes and heels. She smiled at the red laces that matched her tinted frames as she sat on the floor, leaning against the warm furry legs of Panda who sat at a table, across from Toge who smiled under his collar at the girl. Panda happily watched the girl, "You really like those shoes, huh?"

"Yeah! They're sexy. Lookie, lookie!" she stretched her legs out in front of her, pointing at the boots, "They're sexy as hell."

Megumi spoke from the stairs as he slid past Kamo and Nishimiya, "They're shoes."

"You're mad you can't be as sexy as my shoes."

Gojo and the other staff walked into the room at the same time, causing (Y/n) to shut her eyes at the immense amount of energy in the room, "So a lot of stuff happened and people even died. Whaddaya guys think? Should we continue the event?"

Yuji crossed his arms, cocking his head, "Hm... What kind of question is that?"

"Then, yeah. We should continue," a voice from the corner spoke, causing everyone to look over at the large Kyoto third-year.

"What makes you say that?"

"First off, mourning should be reserved for those who were close to the deceased.It's none of our concern. Second, if there were fatalities, what should be expected of us is to get stronger! Acquired strength is dictated by the accumulation of results. To suffer defeat or experience victory—we grow regardless. Results are important because they exist as results."

Miwa whispered to Mai, "Todo-senpai is actually pretty reliable."

"Uh-huh. He's reliably crazy!" Mai whispered back.

"Third, the unsettled feeling of having unfinished business during our school days will stick with us until the day we die!" Todo continued.

"How old are you again?" Gojo chuckled to himself.