16

DEVOTEDChapter sixteen — "Prepare herself"

DEVOTED
Chapter sixteen — "Prepare herself"

SHIGEMO HARUTA WALKED through a dark cave, "I ended up not doing anything

SHIGEMO HARUTA WALKED through a dark cave, "I ended up not doing anything. I wonder if i'm gonna get scolded. Compared to me though..." his purple eyes flickered to the curse beside him, "You're working too hard." He watched as Hanami fell over, licking his lips at the sight of the badly beaten curse. Hanami's left side was completely obliterated and there were large chunks of his right arm missing after being beaten in by that (h/c) girl. His tree branch eyes were snapped off, leaving ragged pieces of wood sticking up and poking back into his face. "Yikes! Poor thing," Shigemo gripped the hand of his sword, "I can put you at ease."

An arm draped itself over the blonde curse user's shoulder, stopping him from going any further, "Good work! But be careful now, human. Know your place or I'll kill you."

Shigemo huffed, "Aw... Come on, I'm just being compassionate. I guess curses can't understand the subtleties of human nature," he flicked his arms up, throwing Mahito's arm off of him, "So... Did you get it?"

The blue-haired curse raised his hand, showing off the cursed objects, "No problem. Special grade cursed object—Sukuna Ryomen. I have the six that were stored at Jujutsu High. Plus, I got the special grade cursed objects—Death Painting Wombs number one to three. Jujutsu High's buddhist temple facade is just that—a facade. Thanks to Tengen's barrier technique, the building's location changes every day. There are over 1,000 doors, but only one connects to the storeroom where the fingers and other highly dangerous cursed objects are located."

Mahito, Jogo, Hanami, and Geto all relaxed in their beach chairs, "Only Tengen knows which door leads to the storeroom, so there shouldn't be many obstacles."

"Who is this Tengen guy anyway?"

"A jujutsu sorcerer who possesses the Immortality cursed technique."

"Immortality? Then who's stronger, Gojo or Tengen?" Jogo rested his head on his palm.

"Immortality, not anti-aging. It's comparable to something like a tree. Other than the barrier, Tengen doesn't interfere with this world. Don't worry about it. Before we let Jujutsu High retrieve the finger, I put a talisman on it made with Mahito's cursed energy. It's an advanced seal from the inside, so it shouldn't come undone," Geto leaned forward in his chair, shutting his eyes, "As the source, you should be able to find it easily."