02

DEVOTEDChapter two — "New classmate: Itadori Yuji"

DEVOTED
Chapter two — "New classmate: Itadori Yuji"

WIDE EYES WATCHED the newly incarnated curse let out hysterical laughter as he basked in the moonlight, "Ah! I knew it! Light is best appreciated in the flesh!"

Scooting further from the curse, (Y/n) pressed her back to Megumi's chest, feeling his heart racing just like her own. Looking back at him, she sees the panic laced in his eyes, similar to her own. Looking back at the curse in front of her, she watches Sukuna rip off the yellow hoodie he wore, revealing the multiple black marks on his skin, "A cursed spirit's flesh is no fun! Where are the people?! The women?! What a wonderful age it has become! Women and children spawning like maggots," Sukuna stands on the edge of the roof, looking out into the city, "Marvelous! It'll be a massacre!"

(Y/n) stands up, allowing Megumi to follow suit as they watch Sukuna's hand slap his own throat, "Huh?!"

"Whaddaya think you're doing with my body?"

'Is that Yuji talking?'

"How're you able to move?"

"Um... It is my body, you know?"

Megumi and (Y/n) enter fighting stances, Megumi forming a shadowy substance that circles him as (Y/n) prepares to engage in close combat with an incarnated special grade cursed object, "Don't move! You're no longer human."

(Y/n) glared at the pink-haired figure, "Under jujutsu regulations, we will exorcise the curse known as Itadori Yuji!"

The pink-haired boy raises his hands as the black marks disappear from his skin, "Hold up, it's not a problem. More importantly, We're all pretty beat up. We need to get to a hospital." (Y/n) looked at the bleeding Megumi then to herself. The shattered glass jutted out of her arms and parts of her face while her back throbbed from her earlier landing. Looking back at Yuji, she fell silent, unsure of what to think.

"What's the situation?" a familiar voice said from behind (Y/n), causing her and Megumi to turn around.

"Gojo-sensei!" Despite saying the same words, the two had very different tones—Megumi was shocked, causing his voice to raise while the (h/c)-haired girl spoke in a monotonous voice.