09

DEVOTEDChapter nine — "Your first mission"

DEVOTED
Chapter nine — "Your first mission"

ANOTHER WEEK PASSED and (Y/n) slowly strengthened the faint hold she had on positive energy

ANOTHER WEEK PASSED and (Y/n) slowly strengthened the faint hold she had on positive energy. She was currently in her room healing the CPR dummy ever so slowly—the four-inch hole had shrunk by half an inch within a week and she was ecstatic. From the other side of her bed, Megumi watched the hole slowly mend itself with wide eyes and the slightest of grins on his face, "Wow, (Y/n). You're doing it."

The girl blinded him with the brightest smile he had ever seen on her face, "I know! I'm doing it! Megumi, I'm doing it!" The laughter Megumi loves to hear made its way into his ear and soon enough a smile nearly as wide as hers graced his face. The laughter subsided and Megumi continued to watch her heal the doll—to watch her.

It seemed the more she understood positive energy, the faster she could learn to control it. It took three weeks for the hole to shrink by half an inch, but more days passed and the amount of plastic that was regenerated increased day by day. On the final day of the training month, (Y/n) stared at the two-inch wide hole that hadn't been mended yet. So far, the most she could mend at a time was an inch and the hole taunted her. She decided not to think and just pump out the positive energy instead. The inch closed itself and the positive energy she poured out didn't waver—she had finally mastered Reversed Cursed Technique.

She stared at the healed chest with wide eyes before grabbing it and running out of her room. As usual, her classmates and upperclassman were training in the field as she ran past. "(Y/n)? What the—?! Megumi, come back! We weren't finished training!" Maki called out but shook her head with a grin as she faces the other first-year.

"What happened?" Megumi spoke through harsh breaths as he ran slightly behind his friend. His eyes fell to the plastic body wrapped under her arm, "You finished it?!"

(Y/n) slowed to a walk as the two entered another building, "Yeah. Fully healed," she opened the door to the school's nurse's office, "Shoko!" The brown-haired woman nearly choked on the liquor that poured down her throat.

"Can I help you, (Y/n)?"

"I fixed it," she held the CPR mannequin to the doctor with a proud smile. Shoko looked over the doll with wide eyes.