12

DEVOTEDChapter twelve — "Going back to Tokyo"

DEVOTED
Chapter twelve — "Going back to Tokyo"

DAISUKE SAT BESIDE (Y/n) as she stared at the numb, leathery skin of her elbow, "Oh God

DAISUKE SAT BESIDE (Y/n) as she stared at the numb, leathery skin of her elbow, "Oh God..." he pulled out his phone, "Gojo-san, (Y/n) has been seriously burned. I'm sorry but I'll be keeping her here for a— What the hell?!" Mummers could be heard from the other line while Daisuke stared at the girl, eyes blown wide as she healed herself.

"I'm fine, Gojo. Yamaguchi-san didn't know I could use Reversed Cursed Technique," she grabbed his phone, hopping off the branch and walking back to the station, "Oh! Satoru, you'll never guess what I did today!"

"What is it?! Tell me! Tell me!" her teacher childishly chanted as she smiled proudly.

"I used Cursed Technique Reversal! I created a barrier that pushed away an attack. I can't wait to show you! We can be matching!"

"Ooh~! Barrier Bros!"

"Barrier Bros!" (Y/n) giggled into the phone some more until Daisuke snatched it away, only saying a 'Bye, Gojo' before hanging up and stuffing his phone in his pocket, "Oi! I was using that..."

"It's my phone anyway. Your train back is tomorrow, so we have a full day of rest. I'll drop you off at the hotel, c'mon," Daisuke led the silent girl to his car, both of them getting in before he started driving to the hotel. He pulled the car to a stop, letting the girl get out and enter the hotel lobby, "You have my number if you need it." He watched the girl disappear through the doors before driving away, pulling back onto the road to go to the next destination.

Daisuke pulled into a parking spot, parking his car before climbing out and walking into the tall building marked with a giant red plus sign on top. He approached the desk, "I'm here to see (L/n) Makoto. My name's Yamaguchi Daisuke." Just like yesterday, he signed some papers and followed a nurse to Makoto's room. Silently, he sat on the chair beside his friend's bed.

"What?" Makoto said after the silence drove him crazy.

"(Y/n) and I finished our mission and she's leaving for Tokyo tomorrow. Makoto, she said she already found a family—a father figure and a brother figure. We should tell her what happened before she
leaves and might not come back," Daisuke noticed the quiver in his friend's lip, "I'm embarrassed too, but you and I already made up, do you really want to lose her? You already know what happened to your parents..."