15

DEVOTEDChapter fifteen — "As if

DEVOTED
Chapter fifteen — "As if..."

HANAMI PULLED OFF the white cloth on his arm, revealing a darker colored arm with a red flower on his shoulder

HANAMI PULLED OFF the white cloth on his arm, revealing a darker colored arm with a red flower on his shoulder. (Y/n) surfed on the attack of incoming vines, gracefully arriving at the tip while the two boys tumbled to meet her, 'I wanna be able to do something cool like this!' The girl watched as Hanami crawled out from under the vines, missing Yuji with an attack. The three of them ran forward, continuously punching the curse together.

"Guys! Lets sync up our timing better!" As Yuji spoke, the vines disappeared from underneath them, sending all three plummeting to the ground, 'Our footing! We underestimated it! With this amount of mass, I thought it was manipulating physical branches with its cursed energy. But it's the embodiment of cursed energy! It made the illusion real with just cursed energy. That's a special grade for you!'

Hanami watched as they fell, standing atop one of his root balls, "I'll teach you to appreciate the land." The ball under him shot out three smaller roots, directed to each of the sorcerers.

"Brother!" Yuji shouted, '(Y/n) is too far! Crap!' Todo and Yuji kicked each other away by their own feet, dodging the roots that flew between them. Yuji looked up at the girl, reaching his hand out for her.

"I've got it!" she twisted her body in mid-air, wrapping herself around the vine and using it to reposition herself. She held the vine tightly as the ground came closer at a quicker pace, jumping off right before she slammed into the ground with the vine.

'They dodged it?! But what is this feeling?!'

"You should be more true to yourself, Hanami," the blue-haired cursed spirit had his head bend backward slightly, looking at the false sky.

"I'm not trying to be anything else," Hanami replied, staring off into the false ocean.

"I say you're lying. I know why you fight, but as long as we're fighting, why not try to enjoy it?"