05

DEVOTEDChapter five — "Release"

DEVOTED
Chapter five — "Release"

THE RAIN POURED on three bodies, one with a hole in his chest—where his heart was, where his heart was supposed to be

THE RAIN POURED on three bodies, one with a hole in his chest—where his heart was, where his heart was supposed to be. The black marked man stared at the two teens with a smirk. The (h/c)-haired girl flipped open her knife, wiping away all the purple goop from the earlier curse's body. Beside her, Megumi stood unwavering, "Itadori will return. Even if that means his death. He's that kind of guy."

"You give him too much credit. This guy's just a little tougher and duller compared to other humans. Just a short time ago, he was practically beside himself blubbering about his misfortunes. He doesn't have the guts to end his own life—I'm sure of it," Sukuna says with his hands buried in his pockets.

'What's going on in your head, Megumi? This tension sucks...' (Y/n) runs forward, throwing her left fist at Sukuna who moves back and to the right, completely evading her attack. Following up, she swiped her foot to his head, causing him to duck while she swiftly changes its path, sending it downward with a coating of cursed energy.

"You're agile," Sukuna states as he easily avoided the hard bottom of the girls boot. Eyes widened slightly as he noticed the deep dent in the asphalt where his head would've been if he weren't quicker than (Y/n). Straightening his body, Sukuna pulls his hands from his pockets, grabbing the fist that aimed for his face, "and aggressive." He flips the girl over his head, slamming her into the pavement behind himself. Retracting his hand, he notices the large cut across his wrist and glances at the girl with a cocky smirk while she winces at her pain.

"And you're annoying..." (Y/n) let out a groan, "and a prick."

While he turns to Megumi, he avoids the bird flying behind him as well as the kick Megumi sends from his side. Turning his body away from each punch, Sukuna eventually starts blocking his attacks, pushing away the arms and legs that entered his space, "More. More. More!" Tugging Megumi's collar, Sukuna stares menacingly into his eyes, "Put more curse behind it when you strike me!" Smacking his fist across the raven head's face, he sends him flying back.

Staring into the red eyes ahead, Megumi skids to a stop, "Orochi!" A white snake raises from the shadow, grabbing Sukuna in its mouth as it shoots further into the sky, "Gang up on him!" Nue soars through the clouds, carrying lightning through its body as it repeatedly hits the pink-haired curse.