Eleven| I Care A Lot

DAWSON WALKED INTO THE HOSPITAL room to see Johnny clasping tight to Harlow's hand, his back hunched over in a plastic chair

DAWSON WALKED INTO THE HOSPITAL room to see Johnny clasping tight to Harlow's hand, his back hunched over in a plastic chair. He smiled softly and placed the flowers onto the side table before gently shaking Harlow's arm. "Harlow."

The brunette opened her eyes giving them a slight roll when she saw who woke her up. Harlow was still upset with both boys, not really in the mood to see anyone. "Mhm."

"Harls, please." Dawson spoke softly and grabbed her hand. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have fought with you the moment you opened your eyes, I was just worried-"

"Sure sounded like you were worried with all that screaming you did." She spoke with attitude, pulling her hand out of his and feeling a light weight in her other. Looking to her left she saw Johnny sleeping away, soft snores falling out of his parted lips.

"I said sorry."

"Ah yes, and everything is fixed then." She rolled her eyes once more, her heading already pounding at 7am.

"We'll can you at least talk to me then!" He sighed exasperated.

"I don't think you'd want to hear what I have to say." Harlow say up as best she could, leaning on her right elbow while leaving her hand in Johnny's. "You and Darry were out of line. I'm twenty years old, not sixteen. I get I should have called last night, I know it's not safe around here. I know. But I can take care of myself. I can fight, and yes I got beat up last night, and thank you for finding me but stop treating me like I'm a little kid."

"I just don't want you hurt."

"It's inevitable, Dawson. I can get hurt by anything. I appreciate your protection and concern, I truly do." She looked to him with slight tears in her eyes at his red eyes. "But all you can do is be by my side."

"I'll always be by your side, no matter what." He whispered and reached for her hand. She accepted and gave his larger more calloused hand a squeeze. "I know, D."

"He's been there all night you know?" She tilted her head in Johnny's direction. Dawson snickered as he looked to the boy. "I would be damned if he didn't. Hey, I have to get to work, I just wanted to say I was sorry before I left, I don't like fighting with you."

"I don't either. Have a good day, I'll see you later." She smiled, watching his back muscles move with his loose tee as he walked out the door. "Johnny." She whispered, shaking their intertwined hands.

The young boy looked up confused, still in la la land. "Are you okay? Need some water?" He sat up fully, getting ready to be at her beck and call.