Fifteen| We Didnt Start the Fire

DRIVING UP TO THE CHURCH was something Harlow will regret for the rest of her days

was something Harlow will regret for the rest of her days. As soon as they got close enough, they all saw the old wood quickly burning. "What the hell." She whispered. "I thought you said no one comes up here, Dallas" she hissed, seeing the school bus and frantic kids and faculty members.

"They don't!" He glared at her, stopping the car a good distance.

Pony looked to his best pal with worry, "Did we put out our cigs?" 

Johnny looked to the church, not knowing if they did or not but he didn't want to answer anyhow. He saw Harlow jump out and rush to the building, more specifically, the teachers. 

"What happened here?" Harlow asked, feeling Johnny grip the back of her shirt. 

"I-I'm not sure, one minute the kids are playing and the next-" The shaken woman was cut off by the cries of scared children. 

"Johnny, go to Dallas." Harlow moved away from him, only to be pulled back by her shirt. 

"You can't go in there!" 

Harlow turned and looked to him, "Johnny, go, I'll be back." She turned, running her way around the church were a man was ushering out the children; "Need some help?" 

Johnny turned to look to the boys still in the car before looking to where Harlow ran, hearing Dallas yell at him; "Don't you dare, Johnny! Get over here!" 

Dallas cussed loudly, slamming the car door as he ran after Johnny, already knowing he would follow her anywhere. The two boys reached their friends quickly, Harlow picking up children and putting them through the window as Dallas put them to the ground. "Harlow, what the hell?" 

She looked up at the sharp voice. "Dallas, where's Johnny?" 

"I'm here." Johnny spoke up form behind her, three kids behind him ready to go through the window. 

"Jesus, Johnny," Harlow shook her head but continued with getting the kids out of there. "I told you to stay!" 

"Why? You left, I couldn't leave you alone, I wouldn't." He spoke, ignoring her demands and grabbing another small group of kids. 

"How many damn kids they got in there! Jesus Christ." Dallas hissed, tossing a little girl to the side. 

The man that was once inside was now running out of the collapsing building, yelling behind him. "Get out! Get out! The church is coming down!" 

Dallas gripped Harlow's wrist; "Let's go, enough!" 

Harlow nodded with wide eyes, turning to grab Johnny from the hall, seeing the pillars above them starting to crack. "Johnny," Harlow croaked out, her nerves eating her, "Come on, Pup, it's time to go." She grabbed his arm, pushing him in front of her as they ran. Johnny had one leg out the window when she heard a cry for help.