Eighteen| A Life Worth Living

HARLOW SAT ON THE STEPS of her back porch, watching her family run around her backyard

HARLOW SAT ON THE STEPS of her back porch, watching her family run around her backyard. The gang, Paula, Sammy, Kenny, Sandy and their newest bundle of joy waiting to meet the world.

Sandy was beaming, a true pregnancy glow. Harlow placed a hand on her still flat tummy, watching Kenny rub gentle circles on his wife's stomach.

"Have you told anyone yet? Specifically Darry."

Harlow jumped, clutching the paper she held tight, quickly releasing her grip so she didn't crinkle it. "Jesus, Dawson."

"Pretty sure it's just Dawson." He laughed, nudging her arm with his knee so she would scoot over, sitting next to her. "You gotta tell him."

"I know, I will. I am." She fumbled with her response, the nerves eating her up.

"I don't know why you're scared, you guys said you'd wait until you were ready, and you did." Dawson wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

It was the truth. After accepting Dallas's and Johnny's deaths, they thought about children of their own, but decided to wait.

The boys- Darrel, Soda, and Pony- moved into Harlow's house- it was much bigger. The two were doing so well in their careers. Harlow's diner was more popular than ever, truly running the 60's-70's.

Darry's company sky rocketed, it was a lot of money and he was scared to put out but he's already doubled it. Collaborating with Dawson's own company in the process.

Soda got his high school diploma. Harlow wanted him to go back, so she paid for his share and supported his actions, and soda was so proud. He even went as far as getting a degree in mechanics.

Pony's almost ready to graduate soon. He tells Harlow about all his scholar successes, and he chose a college out of Oklahoma, but he was scared to tell Darry.

"We are so good, I'm just nervous." She mumbled, running her fingers along the paper in hand.

Dawson looked to the paper and smiled, whatever was on it always made her do the right thing. "Read it again, Johnny will tell you what you need to do."

He kissed her head and ran off, tackling soda as he caught the football, which cause a dog pile to occur.

The brunette laughed along with everyone else, unfolding the paper and letting her smile settle on her face.

Dear Harls,

I can't write this myself, but I asked pony to do it for me, and I trust he won't ever tell a soul what's on here.