nine| Happiness Is Just Around the Corner

THE GANG SAT NERVOUSLY OUTSIDE of the courtroom as they waited for Johnny's trial to be over

THE GANG SAT NERVOUSLY OUTSIDE of the courtroom as they waited for Johnny's trial to be over. Harlow went straight to the court house after she spoke to Johnny's parents and was granted a case. "Do you think they'll win?" Two bit asked nervously as his legged bounced.

"Of course they will, Harlow is a better parent to Johnny than his own folks." Steve scoffed besides him, slightly nudging his knee with his own.

"What did Johnny tell the judges about his folks? I know they brought him in for questioning about the beatings." Two kicked Pony who was slouched against the wall.

"I don't know." Pony shrugged and turned to his older friend. "He wasn't allowed to tell me."

They waited patiently for their friends to walk through the door, the boys moving uncomfortably in their nice clothing that Darry made them wear despite the begging they did. When the heavy double door opened they all stood tall and out of the way, looking to their right to see who was walking out. Johnny's parents were being escorted out of the court house by two police men, both of them screaming about how Johnny was their child, not Harlow's.

Johnny walked out with a large smile on his face, one they haven't seen before. "She did it! She won!" Johnny exclaimed as he walked straight to Pony and started to shake his arm.

"Way to go Johnny!" Soda yelled and ran to the younger boy, the rest following and hooting' around him.

Harlow walked out in her nice pastel yellow dress, her white collar neatly ironed and her white heels gave her just enough height. She held three folders of paperwork, mainly things containing her income with proof that she would be able to support a child and now the paperwork that gave her custody of Johnny. Harlow watched with a smile on her face as the boys celebrated in the lobby, leaning her side into Darry's chest who wrapped his arms around her, looking down at her with adoration in his eyes. "He's really happy,Dare." She whispered.

"You gave that to him. He talks about all the stuff you guys do, ya know?" Darry rubbed her arm, watching the smile grace her face.

"Really?" She asked excited, sometimes she worried that she went overboard with the fun mini dates they did. Johnny turned his head and saw Darry and Harlow looking at each other with large smiles on their faces, both laughing at something that was said, he squeezed his way through his friends and walked to Harlow, tapping her elbow softly. "Hey, pup." She smiled and moved some hair from his face.

"Does this mean I have to call you mom now?" Johnny asked with a small smile as Harlow blushed.

"No, you don't have to call me mom." She whispered.