Six| A Place Where I Belong

HARLOW HAD RAN INTO TWO-BIT at the diner on Thursday evening, the younger boy inviting her to spend time at the Curtis residence, saying how a big armed man missed her

HARLOW HAD RAN INTO TWO-BIT at the diner on Thursday evening, the younger boy inviting her to spend time at the Curtis residence, saying how a big armed man missed her. She smiled as she thought of Darry, the man growing on her; he wasn't like most men around here, he was focused.

"I'm sorry, Mickey," she smiled sadly to her new found friend "I'm actually going to be busy this weekend, I'm taking off here for a few days."

He frowned as he leaned against the counter. "Well, do ya need any help?" Truth be told, they just wanted the girls presence around.

She shook her head with a small giggle. "No, two, I have it all under control."

"Well, Damn." He snapped his fingers playfully, pushing himself off the counter. "I guess we'll see ya later, yeah?"

"Of course you will, be safe." She grinned when the Mickey Mouse lover rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. you really do sound like a mom." Harlow watched as he ran out of the diner and down the street, causing trouble wherever her went. She giggled and went to her office, making a prep list for all the things that needed to be done over the weekend, knowing she could count on her team to get it done.

After she was done making her list, she went around fixing things that were just a bit out of shape, returning things to their proper home and before she knew it, she was closing the diner. "Good night, thank you for coming." She smiled sweetly to a high school couple. They smiled and returned the gesture, telling her everything was delicious.

Harlow went to grab her bag, humming along to some song that was just playing on the jukebox. She flipped the switch and it caused all the lights on the inside to shut down, her only source of the being the one that came from the diners sign.

She made it home around nine thirty, immediately getting into her home and locking the door. Harlow went to her room and changed into old fuzzy shorts and an old high school track shirt, walking to her dinning room she took her radio and brought it to one of her spare bedrooms. Harlow was tired of Johnny sleeping on her couch so she decided to make one of these bedrooms his own, knowing she wouldn't have much company to stay the night anyway.

Pushing the brown dresser off the wall, she placed the radio on top and turned it on loud enough to where it would keep her awake but it wouldn't disturb the neighbors. She took a look around the pink walls, smiling at all her old memories from when she was younger, the joy her parents would bring to her on a daily basis. She wanted to bring that to Johnny.

The two have undeniably gotten attached to each other, anyone could tell. Johnny found a home in her that he's never had and Harlow found a home that she was missing. She gets sad and livid thinking about what his so called parents do to him when he's there. Harlow wanted him to have a home where he was more than a punching bag.