Thirteen| Two Steps Back

HARLOW WAS BACK AT WORK and she loved every minute

HARLOW WAS BACK AT WORK and she loved every minute. She had really missed the buzz of her friends and customers that waltzed in and out. "Harlow! Table three is waiting for you!" Paula yelled over her shoulder as she walked into the kitchen.

Baby blues rolled to the back of her head, table three was the gangs claimed table. "Of course they are." She muttered, grabbing her guest check and writing down their orders before leaving it in the window.

"Hiya, Minnie!" Two yelled as he saw her teal uniform come into view.

"Hello, Mickey." She smiled, nudging Johnny with her hip so he'd move over. "How are you?"

"Hungry." Dallas grumbled from the window, flicking his lighter.

"Sound ruff." She teased, ignoring his harsh glare.

"So, we're going to the drive in tonight, you down?" Pony asked, tapping his fingers to the song playing.

"Sorry boys, I got some paperwork I have to get done. Maybe next time." She smiled and placed her hand in her apron. "Do y'all need some money?"

"No, I still have some from last week." Johnny smiled softly, sticking his hand in his jacket and showing her a few crumpled up bills as proof.

"Well, I need money." Two held his hand out at Harlow, staring at her with a goofy grin.

Harlow rolled her eyes, shoving two dollars into his hand. "Go nuts."

"Sure will." Two winked, pocketing the money quickly before she took it back.

Standing, Harlow leaned and kissed Johnny's forehead; laughing as she pulled away to see his red face. "You guys have a good night, I'll be back with your food."

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

After Harlow served the boys, she was stuck in a lunch rush, the whole town seeming to be there. She zipped around the diner with a smile, singing lowly to the songs the customers put on the juke, dancing with Paula as she waltzed by. Time flew by for the five workers and before they knew it, it was closing time.

"Well, It was a good day!" Paula smiled, hanging up her apron on her hook. The group nodded and agreed as they followed Paulas actions.

"Hey, wait!" Harlow spoke running from the back to catch them. "I'm thinking about holding a BBQ this weekend and close down Sunday. I would like to spread the invitation. It's just going to be the boys and I. "