Fourteen| A hard Day's Night

JOHNNY SAT ANXIOUSLY ON A pew, chewing on his bottom lip trying to ignore his hunger

JOHNNY SAT ANXIOUSLY ON A pew, chewing on his bottom lip trying to ignore his hunger. His thoughts were constantly running back to Harlow and how she may be feeling. Would she be mad, upset or worried? Did she notice he was gone?

Johnny looked to his best bud, watching him flip through the deck of cards they bought a few days ago, the smell of rotting lunch meat hitting him. "Pone? You think Harlow is worried bout me?"

The now blonde rolled his eyes. "Of course she is! If I know her as well I as I think I do, she's halfway here by now." He scoffed.

Johnny felt excitement bubble inside him, he really needed his older sister. "I wish she was. I'm in big trouble." He mumbled, flicking his switch blade open and closed.

"You saved my life, Johnnycakes." Pony looked up from his current unintentional game of 52 pickup. "I'd be dead, hell! You could be too! They- they just-" pony grew frustrated "Why us, man! We don't do nothing to those no good socs!"

"It's life, Pony." Johnny whispered, thinking about this same conversation him and Harlow had. "We are the only ones who can make it better. Maybe we could leave one day."

"Yeah? And go where?" Pony shook his head. "Our wanted posters are probably around the whole country."

"We'll, where Harlow came from didn't have all this divide." Johnny shrugged ignoring negative comments.

Pony sighed and leaned back. "Maybe one day, Johnny."

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

Harlow stood at the counter of the diner in despair, her body in one place, her heart in an unknown. The brunette was sporting matching tired eyes with deep dark circles that seemed to darken as days pass.

"Harlow, sweetie." Paula came behind the girl, gripping her arm when she jumped. "Maybe you should go home. You really need some rest."

"He's missing, Paula." She whispered. Upset Dallas wouldn't give up where they we're

"I know, honey." Paula kissed her head, turning her around so she could walk into the kitchen. "But, you being this exhausted will not help either of you."

Harlow looked to the woman with watery eyes, Paula's deep greens resembled her late mothers kind eyes, making her heart ache more. "You think he's okay?"

"I'm sure of it." Paula nodded, wiping her under eyes gently. "He knows you're waiting for him."

"I'm gonna kill Dallas." Harlow grumbled, crossing her legs. "I know he knows! Why won't he tell me? I'm not the damn cops, I just want him safe!"