Sixteen| It Must Be Hell

THREE DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE the church

THREE DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE the church. Johnny was trying hard to keep going, waiting to see Harlow. Pony walked into his best pals room with slow steps, standing next to Two-bit. "Go, kid." Two pushed the blonde.

Pony sighed and walked to the chair by Johnny's head. "Hey, Johnnycakes."

Johnny barely tilted his head but he knew that voice. "H-hi, Pone."

Two-bit walked forward, taking place next to Pony. "I bought you a book, man. Thought it'd give you something to do."

Johnny gave him a thumbs up, not trusting his voice at all. The boys were quiet, which wasn't normal for them but they didn't know what to say. They knew what Johnny wanted but couldn't give it to him.

Two-bit gestured to the door, "I'm gonna go get some food, I'll see ya later Johnny."

"How you feeling?" Pony whispered when the older one left.

"Everything hurts," Johnny cried, taking a deep breath "I can't even move, Pone! This isn't living, the doctor said I'd be paralyzed if I made it out of this!" Johnny jerked for a few moments, getting himself worked up.

"Harlow would kick me to the curb for being such a burden." Johnny finally turned his head to Pony, his neck screaming.

"Hey, Harlow would never kick you anywhere," Pony shook his head as he grabbed his cold hand, "she loves ya, Johnny."

"Im just a kid." Johnny started to cry, wanting nothing more but to hear Harlow's encouraging and loving words.

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

Darry sat next to Harlow's bed, damn near glaring at the scar that will never leave her head as her feet were hung up to keep her calf's from rubbing on the sheets. "Come on, Harlow," he whispered, squeezing her hand that was limp in his. "we need ya, baby."

Dawson stop by the door, leaning against it with a vase of daisies. "Nothing, huh?"

Darry turned to look at her friend. "Nothing."

"She'll pull through." He walked forward to set the glass vase on her table across the room.

"When?" Darry looked to him with a scowl, although it wasn't directed to him. "Johnny's not doing too great man, she needs to see him before-" Darry didn't want to say it.

Nobody wanted to say what they really thought was going to happen. They all saw the way he was getting worse, yesterday was heart wrenching to watch. The poor boy had three seizures and the pain meds weren't enough for him anymore, everything was agonizing.