Five- Disagreements

Natasha's point of view:

"You are getting married, Natasha" he bursted the bubble.

"What?" Tina yelled.

"Marriage? Dad, Eric is not even ready for one and plus I am not ready for one" I said as I fidgeted my fingers nervously.

"Who is she getting married to?" Tina asked angrily.

"Xander Winslow" my dad replied confidently.

My heart started beating faster than normal. How would my dad wants to marry me off to my own enemy?

I can't do this. Not with Xander Winslow of all people.

"Well, the good news is that she is not doing this" Tina stood up angrily.

"Tina" my mom tried to calm her down.

"Please mom, did you just hear what your husband said? Who does that in this 21st century? You are marrying her off, not even to a better person but a jerk? Do you know how he made her life miserable? I can't believe and this crap. Well, she is not doing that. I am okay with her getting to Eric but not Xander" with that, she stormed out of the living room.

"I am sorry dad, but I am not doing this" I said angrily and went to my room.

Dad got to be kidding me right now because what he just said is absolute rubbish.

I jumped on my bed and slept off, at least sleep will make me hide away from all this bull shit for sometime.

"Natasha" Someone said with a faint voice.

I can't believe this person is trying to disturb my peaceful sleep.

"Natasha" it's my mom's voice.

I opened my eyes lazily, I yawned and sat up.

"Sorry for disturbing your sleep" my mom, Gloria Austin apologized.

"It's okay" I said.

"Natasha, I know what your father  said is too heavy for you but please you have to do it. This is what he wants. He can never lead you astray, I promise you that. He knows what's best for you" she said as she held my hand.

"Mom, you too?" I asked in disbelief.

"Please, Natasha" she pleaded with me.

"I need some sleep, can you go now?" I  laid my back against the bed and back faced her.

"Natasha"

"Please mom"  I said dismissing her.

I felt the bed light as she stood up from the bed. She walked out of the room as she closes the door behind her.
I sat up and started sobbing.

What is my life like this?

Why would my own parents tell me to marry a man that has brought nothing to my life but sadness and humiliation?

I can never do that. I would rather elope with Eric.

Yes, that's the best idea right now.

My door opened widely, and Tina entered closing the door behind her with force. I quickly wipe my tears and composed my my self. She walked towards the bed and sat beside me.

She sighed as she faced me.

"Run away with Eric" she said with seriousness.

"What?" I can't believe we have the same idea.

"I can't let you marry that prick. He is a pain in the whole body. I wonder how he will treat you If you get married to him. I hate Eric, okay? But he is the only one that I can think of right now. He is the best option right now. Call him" she said.