Nine- The Betrayal

Natasha's point of view:

It's today.

Today, I am going to elope with a man and start a new life with him instead of getting married to the man my parents chose for me.

I know I will ruin their reputation that way, but what can I do? I can't marry him. He is my worst nightmare. So, I am better off running away with Eric than getting married to the man who will make my life a living hell.

I stared at myself in the mirror for the nth time today while seated on a chair inside my room.

This is not me, like I look so smoky, sexy and beautiful. I can't believe I am this woman I am staring at in the mirror. My mom hired the best makeup artist in Arizona to do my make and she did not fail her. I look so great.

Thirty minutes to my wedding, I am yet to be in my wedding dress. I am patiently waiting for Eric's call which I haven't received since morning.

I called him several times but he isn't picking up. I guess he is busy packing up his things.

Just in, Stella came inside my room looking sexy in her bridesmaid dress. She smirked at me as she walked towards me.

"Why aren't you dressed up?" She asked me.

"Nothing, nothing, nothing at all " I avoided her face.

"Are you waiting for someone?" She asked me.

"No." I whispered.

"Eric? You are waiting for Eric?" Her glances are digging holes into me.

"Yes, I am but he is not here. He is late already." I said to her,

"I don't think he is coming, just dress up and turn in for your wedding. Go and marry your worst nightmare, Natasha." She said she was happy that all this was happening.

I faced her and stared at her for a moment without anything crossing my mind.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Are you even my friend?" I asked her.

I won't deny the fact that I am scared of her.

"Maybe I am."

"So why are you happy, Stella? How did you even know I was expecting Eric?" I scowled.

"He told me about it, what's wrong with that?"

"He told you? That was supposed to be a secret between Eric and I!" I gasped in surprise.

"You think you can trust Eric? If you think you can, then you are stupid. Get dressed and go out there. I am out. I need to catch a flight with my guy." She winked at me before leaving.

She was so quick to leave before I could even say anything.

Her guy?

Who is her guy?

The last time I checked, this girl was single.

When did she have a guy?

Stella was never my friend.

I thought she was but she is just evil.

Someone knocked at the door.

"Come in." I said and the door knob turned as the door got opened.

It was my dad.

He entered the room slowly while he looked at me with a pitiful expression.

"Hey Dad." I tried to avoid his gaze.

How will this man feel when he finds out I eloped with my liver, Eric.

"Why aren't you dressed up?" He asked as he stood before me.

"I.... I.... I am waiting....." I stuttered not knowing what to say.

Trust me, I am so bad at lying.

"He isn't coming, child." He spoke up.

"Who? What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Eric, he isn't coming." He burst it up.

"What do you mean by Eric not coming?" I asked him as my hands started shaking.

"I know you wanted to elope with him." He said calmly.

"How did you know, dad?" I asked him.

"Your mom and I know you more than anyone. You are too easy to read, Natasha. But that's not the case now. The case is that, that guy doesn't deserve you."

"What do you mean?"

"Eric doesn't deserve you, Natasha. He doesn't. You are a gem that no evil deserves. Even the good have to be tested before they deserve you. You are too innocent and you can easily be played." He said.

"I called Eric and tested him with money. And he betrayed you for just the sum of three million dollars. Can you believe that? I promise, Natasha. If he had chosen you, then I would have canceled this wedding and have you married to him but he chose money over you, Natasha. He betrayed you. Is that the guy you want to elope with? He is probably after your money and not you, nats. Trust me, you are my daughter and I want the best for you. I would never lead astray. I don't want you to go through what I went through and I always told you that." He detailed it all and I didn't know when tears started rushing out of my eyes.

"You see, Xander is the best choice now, let's go for it. I know it might be tough at the beginning but it is going to be good. Everyone knows that guy secretly has feelings for you." He said.

"Cry all you want to, just believe my words. Here is a recorder. If you think I am lying. I recorded our conversation because I knew it would end like this, child." He dropped the recorder and turned to the door.

"One more thing, Stella isn't your friend. She is just a bitch! Your ex boyfriend is eloping with her." He left after that.

I shrieked in surprise.

I felt dumb after his revelation.

They both got me set up.

And it hits me.

Eric was the guy Stella was saying she is going to catch a flight with.

Wait, what?

They have been having an affair behind my back?

They betrayed me both.

I took the recorder and listened to it, I couldn't even listen to half of this conversation. I threw the recorder against the wall with rage and disappointment. I feel betrayed. He betrayed me. They betrayed me.

And their betrayal led me to the altar where I took my vows for my worst nightmare.

"I do." He said.

"I do." I said.

Today, I married Xander Winslow, my enemy since childhood.

I married my bully.

I married my own nightmare and I know that.